Salt mixed with some pepper

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mystang89

Reaction score
So I have this extra-ordinarily good Californian momma doe who loves being pregnant just like all women. Shes going on 5 pregnancies in 5 months or so and each pregnancy has held around 10-12 healthy kits! Love her. She's great. This go around I bred her with my ever so zealous Californian buck and the kits came out 30 days later all white...except for 8 of them....they were black..all black. So she had 8 black kits and 2 white kits from a Californian.

Now, what MAY have happened, and I don't THINK I did this, but what MAY have happened was that I put her in with my ever so zealous Californian who did his manly duty and I wrote it down, THEN decided to give my fledgling Silver Fox buck (who had never had a chance to mate) a chance with a doe who was ever so willing to be bred. MIGHT have done something like that. So question....can two sets of sperm exist in the uterus at the same time giving two different kits? I know that my Californians are purebred as I bred them myself and I know my SF is purebred as I purebred him myself as well. I did not think it likely that the Californians sperm missed the proverbial mark and the SF did all that job but would that be more likely that the kits are all his, even the white ones with absolutely NO markings other than the white ear tips, nose and paws?

My mad house experiments continue... muahahahahaha.

Lol, Mystang... you and your "experiments". :roll:

mystang89":3lmlpk7k said:
I don't THINK I did this, but what MAY have happened was that I put her in with my ever so zealous Californian who did his manly duty and I wrote it down, THEN decided to give my fledgling Silver Fox buck (who had never had a chance to mate) a chance with a doe who was ever so willing to be bred. MIGHT have done something like that.

Ahh, you are the soul of kindness, Mystang! :angel: Giving the little guy a chance like that... *sniff!* ...brings a tear to my eye.

can two sets of sperm exist in the uterus at the same time giving two different kits?

Yes. It happens with dogs and cats all of the time. They just have to get to the finish line first.

I did not think it likely that the Californians sperm missed the proverbial mark and the SF did all that job...

The SF probably had more viable sperm than the older buck because of the heat. Younger bucks seem to resist heat sterility better. Maybe the older fellow just didn't enter as many "contestants" so only managed to fertilize two of her eggs before the other swimmers got the job done.

MamaSheepdog":2gkqh468 said:
Ahh, you are the soul of kindness, Mystang! :angel: Giving the little guy a chance like that... *sniff!* ...brings a tear to my eye.

Yes, I want to hug myself sometimes because I'm such a kind so.....LOL, nope can't do it. Been called many things, but kind wasn't one of em :lol: :p

Anyway, its cool to know that my SF buck probably has some kits to own up to. Wonder how he'll do next breeding.

Miss M":1yv8nw2u said:
Where's the smiley that has its eyes rolling completely out of its head, and rolling across the floor...

That's not a smiley, it is the visual of Mystang after you have had a go at him with your chair... :twisted:

MamaSheepdog":2gdw4ort said:
Miss M":2gdw4ort said:
Where's the smiley that has its eyes rolling completely out of its head, and rolling across the floor...

That's not a smiley, it is the visual of Mystang after you have had a go at him with your chair... :twisted:
Oh -- yes, that's right! :p

:chair: There we go. That should do it. :)

MamaSheepdog":1h4arnui said:
Miss M":1h4arnui said:

Not that you have and freeness of speech, MSD :lol:

Did you see the pictures of my rex??
MamaSheepdog":1h4arnui said:

Oh -- yes, that's right! :p

:chair: There we go. That should do it. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Is mystang in trouble now for NOT doing anything????

Yep I bred 2 MR and then someone put my doe in with a young american sable buck. I got Rex furred and not Rex furred kits which is impossible if they all belonged to the same buck. You might be able to explain away an odd color result but you don't often get a recessive fur type from pedigreed large breed rabbits. Standard rex is even less common than satin or wool coats.

Bandits Bunny Farm":g2mjuin4 said:
... Is mystang in trouble now for NOT doing anything????
Yup, that's the way it usually works around here. Those Greenies are an unpredictable bunch. Watch your back R/R. They sneak up behind you when your guard is down. One must always be prepared. lol
vector-of-a-young-knight-wearing-armor-while-holding-a-lance-and-shield-by-geo-images-378.jpg

Bandits Bunny Farm":36fz3ph9 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Is mystang in trouble now for NOT doing anything????

:lol: That's exactly what I was thinking! I'm getting clobbered by that chair again and I didn't even do anything....that THEY know of anyway lol

Works much like this at home as well. "How could you DO that?!" or Why didn't you do THAT?!" sigh....poor Mystang :(

Homer":2g16gh1u said:
Bandits Bunny Farm wrote:... Is mystang in trouble now for NOT doing anything????

Yup, that's the way it usually works around here. Those Greenies are an unpredictable bunch.

Greenies?!? :eek: Greenies???

Do you not know of the rule against name calling?

MISS M!!!

Homer called us a dirty name! :evil:

Bring the chair, or some other means of discipline!

mystang89":2g16gh1u said:
Bandits Bunny Farm wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Is mystang in trouble now for NOT doing anything????

:lol: That's exactly what I was thinking! I'm getting clobbered by that chair again and I didn't even do anything....that THEY know of anyway

Hah! We know that you are always up to no good, or plotting something.

The only reason that you are not as troublesome as before is because of the cumulative effects of being whacked over the head so many times. :yes: It has obviously slowed your thought processes enough that Miss M's arms can recuperate between incidents. :twisted:

MamaSheepdog":3me1ua8p said:
Hah! We know that you are always up to no good, or plotting something.

The only reason that you are not as troublesome as before is because of the cumulative effects of being whacked over the head so many times. :yes: It has obviously slowed your thought processes enough that Miss M's arms can recuperate between incidents. :twisted:
Hahahahaha!!! I thought it was from the :portapotty: that mystang's bout of goodish behavior :shock:.

Hmmmmm.......maybe we can let Mystang off the hook just this ONCE of course, if he posts pictures of salt and pepper (hint hint.... I think people are having popple withdrawals......I know I am lol)..

For Miss Mand MamaSheepdog :secret:
(You know what??? Nvm about letting him off the hook. I have a nice streak of not getting whacked with the :chair:, and I'd like to keep it going....Sooooo....I KNOW!!! we can :chair: :bash: the pictures out of mystang.... Yes, I believe that'll do quite nicely. I'm sure Miss M and MSD will both readily agree with me, because they get the satisfaction of once again beating mystang up, AND we get to see cute bunnies)

Bandits Bunny Farm":sr833wec said:
:secret:(You know what??? Nvm about letting him off the hook. I have a nice streak of not getting whacked with the :chair:, and I'd like to keep it going....Sooooo....I KNOW!!! we can :chair: :bash: the pictures out of mystang.... Yes, I believe that'll do quite nicely. I'm sure Miss M and MSD will both readily agree with me, because they get the satisfaction of once again beating mystang up, AND we get to see cute bunnies)

I do not approve of this plan. :shock:

mystang89":3uyqtvff said:
Bandits Bunny Farm":3uyqtvff said:
:secret:(You know what??? Nvm about letting him off the hook. I have a nice streak of not getting whacked with the :chair:, and I'd like to keep it going....Sooooo....I KNOW!!! we can :chair: :bash: the pictures out of mystang.... Yes, I believe that'll do quite nicely. I'm sure Miss M and MSD will both readily agree with me, because they get the satisfaction of once again beating mystang up, AND we get to see cute bunnies)

I do not approve of this plan. :shock:

It is not your place to decide, mystang.... you just won a prize: an extra beating :twisted:

MISS M!!! MSD!!! Mystang is acting up again!!! :evil:

MamaSheepdog":28hwjbt0 said:

MISS M!!!

I think this is more deserving of an acid bath, don't you? :twisted:
smiley-violent033.gif

In Mystang's case, I think his own ideas, so elegantly demonstrated in the OP of this thread, are occasionally his best punishment:
smiley-violent088.gif

Miss M":2mz4lbgo said:
MamaSheepdog":2mz4lbgo said:

MISS M!!!

smiley-violent033.gif

In Mystang's case, I think his own ideas, so elegantly demonstrated in the OP of this thread, are occasionally his best punishment:
smiley-violent088.gif

I SECOND!!!!! before he dies, though, could we beat some pictures of popples out of him???

MamaSheepdog":unz2qcwx said:
MISS M!!!

hA608F1D7
You two have obviously gotten to poor Bandit. She was coming along nicely but Miss M swinging that chair around has scared her into joining up with the evil empire. :borg: And the violence that comes from "the evil twins" being unprovoked against poor Mystang and myself is just unexplainable.
point.gif

Miss M":unz2qcwx said:
smiley-violent033.gif
***cough***choke*** you may have finished my off this time.
tumblr_m8lgunpyPh1qzp2x4o1_250.gif

yeah right

Homer":7p794625 said:
You two have obviously gotten to poor Bandit. She was coming along nicely but Miss M swinging that chair around has scared her into joining up with the evil empire. :borg: And the violence that comes from "the evil twins" being unprovoked against poor Mystang and myself is just unexplainable.
point.gif
HAHAHA!!!! I'm not scared, perish the thought! HUMPH! I'm their private eyes. :ninja: I let them know when some people are being naughty I won't name any names, but his initials are mystang89!!!, and they love me for it.

besides, it was in the license agreement. It said, and I quote:
in order to avoid being banned by Miss M and MamaSheepdog, you MUST HELP THEM KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON mystang89. He is quite the handful.
See? It's written right here! :contract:

*runs to Miss M* MISS M!!! Homer is talking bad about you and MSD! and he obviously didn't read the license terms agreement :evil: Shall we make him next in line for the :chair:???

Back