Worms?!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ptbunny8087

Reaction score
My holland lop doe seems to have worms or at least i think....She eats like crazy and acts like she is starving and i feed her everyday a full dish of pellets and she gets some sweet feed too. She also get treats everyday but only 1 little piece. She has been fat and placed 4th at the fair because she was over weight and I can feel her hips and back. She was abused so she is kinda of ruffed up. But it was a while ago when i got her. If she has worms what do i give her? I do i treat the rest of the rabbits too? :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

Ptbunny8087":3sr0h3rt said:
Homer":3sr0h3rt said:
This is one discussion that was just had. Maybe it will help you out.

uh-oh-rabbits-losing-weight-please-help-t19403.html

IT kind helped and it seems she has worms..what should I give her?What if she doesnt have worms and i give her the stuff wll she get sick? should i treat all the other rabbits? How do i keep worms away?

Like Diamond said in the thread I pointed you to I use SafeGuard liquid goat dewormer (fenbendazole) for the most common, White worms, rabbits encounter. What do your rabbits weigh? It's given by weight. My 20/21 pound Flemish Giants get 1.8-2 cc a day for 3 days/ Then another 3 day round 14 days latter. If she doesn't have worms it won't hurt her but you've wasted a couple weeks. If your unsure of what's going on take her to a rabbit savvy vet.

As for keeping them away; how are they housed, do you sanitize their hutches, how often? I only treat when the scales tell me one is dropping weight and unless you raise in a colony setting just treat the problem bun.

Hope this helps.

Back