New Bunnies and what color is this buck? *Pic Heavy*

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatzNetherlands

Reaction score
Got my little Black Silver Marten today and we are in love... Sweet little girl... We named her Lydia... We are hoping next month to be showing her in Ellensburg, WA.... I have some high hopes for this girl....

LydiaPose.jpg

We also got Walter... He was slated to be snake food, but I took him home. He is a little overweight and so we are going to see if we can get him down to show size, if not, he will be a good pet. He is a pretty nice little guy. He has a awesome temperament and a very nice typey head and body..... However, I am not sure what color he is. I was told Broken Seal, and then someone else said Broken Chocolate, and yet another person said Broken Torte......

So what color is Walter???

WalterTop.jpg

WalterFace.jpg

WalterTopFace.jpg

WalterRSide.jpg

WalterLSide.jpg

WalterStretched.jpg

Love your new bunnies! They are completely adorable. Cant say for certain what Walter is but if he is a broken I wonder if he is a charlie since he seems to have less than 10% color to hm. Looks to have a bit of chocolate, not tort... tort tends to look orange (vs. brown). Hopefully someone here with a bit more color experience will chime in and give an opinion, cause if ya really want to know what color he is I'd say he's the color "cute"! LOL! :)

not dark enough to be seal (that's almost black) and colour doesn't seem right to be a chocolate (what's the base of his fur coloured as?)

my guess is that he's a "charlie" sable point. But that's just a guess.

oh! sable would explain the lighter body spots, but I wouldn't have said charlie, just poorly marked broken--the lighter body spots would throw you off....but I am just guessing. Ladysown has more color experience than me, I am sure.

looking back to see how much colour he has on his back, I would concur...poorly marked broken. Good to breed to a solid if you want hopefully decent brokens. :) My apologies for not looking more carefully the first time.

So, Broken Sable? I had another person on another forum say Broken Siamese Sable........ I am not sure what the difference is...

I think hes a broken chocolate.do you know what color is in his pedigree.I like his head.

Back