Help please....UPDATED--Smoke Pearl?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiny Buns

Reaction score
77.jpgI bred my broken blue Charlie Netherland doe to my blue himi Nethland buck. Expecting all brokens......

So I clearly have 2 charlies here but the third is definitely not a broken. Hard to see but it has some yellow/gold patches/sheen to the lower back. So I'm thinking lilac and I'm blind or lilac cream tort?

thoughts?

Not Charlie's but false Charlie's and the mother must be a false Charlie as well

I dont see any chocolate influence or tort and think you've got a self blue but it is still a bit early

Could it be a shaded color? It doesn't quite look like one of my lilacs or blues. Hmmm...

The nose and ears seem a bit darker then the rest, or is that just lighting?

Dood":308pgqgk said:
Not Charlie's but false Charlie's and the mother must be a false Charlie as well

I dont see any chocolate influence or tort and think you've got a self blue but it is still a bit early

False Charlie? Sorry, I don't know what that is?

__________ Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:38 pm __________

Zass":308pgqgk said:
Could it be a shaded color? It doesn't quite look like one of my lilacs or blues. Hmmm...

The nose and ears seem a bit darker then the rest, or is that just lighting?

Ears, nose, legs are all definitely darker. What would that be if it's a shaded?

Sigh, I keep being reminded of the steep learning curve here whether it's behaviour or breeding or genetics or colors.... :shock:

555.jpg444.jpg333.jpg222.jpg111.jpg

__________ Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:27 pm __________

666.jpg <br /><br /> __________ Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:33 pm __________ <br /><br /> Siamese sable?

A Charlie has two broken genes and can only produce broken patterned offspring. Since the kits had a solid parent they cannot be Charlie's and since the doe produced a solid kit she cannot be a Charlie. Because they have more than 70% white and are not true Charlie's they are called false Charlie's

Blue sable rather than Siamese sable (AKA black sable) is a possibility

Dood":19kfy0b1 said:
A Charlie has two broken genes and can only produce broken patterned offspring. Since the kits had a solid parent they cannot be Charlie's and since the doe produced a solid kit she cannot be a Charlie. Because they have more than 70% white and are not true Charlie's they are called false Charlie's

How do you list them on the pedigree: broken, charlie, false charlie?

Blue sable called smoke pearl, right?

I couldn't even find pics for a lilac sable, but I'd think a lilac based one would be even lighter.

If it's a smoke pearl, the points will develop blue instead of black, I think, so it will eventually be easy to distinguish what it is.

I'd call a false charlie a broken on pedigree, since that is how the genetics will play out, but I also like to list genotypes on any pedigree I make.

So this is the same rabbit, now 17 days old. Is this a smoke pearl? Chinchilla?

I am supposed to be going to purchase a smoke pearl buck tomorrow :x and obviously don't need one if I have one in my own litter.

Hoping this is a different color than smoke pearl.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 871
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 871
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 871
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 871
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 871
Dood":1tflbaki said:
No

That is a fox AKA totter which is a torted otter and I don't believe it is blue but black or chocolate

Thank you! So is this any kind of valuable color for breeding or more of a "sh-agouti" kind of thing?

Back