Jersey Wooly Row

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaSheepdog

Reaction score
I had a little over 14 feet of 18" wide floor wire, so I cut it in half, and made a 3 hole setup out of 7' 4" of it. The doe's cages are 32" long, and the buck's hole is 24". The does are now in residence, but the buck Prodige is being treated for a possible case of wry neck, so he is still in the house.

IMG_7447.JPG

Closeup of Showoff's hole- note the hay rack made from the wire from the door:
IMG_7444.JPG

Showoff lounging in her bunnybucket:
IMG_7446.JPG

Summit lounging under her bucket:
IMG_7456.JPG

Lucky Woolies! Those cages are great. Where did you get THOSE buckets? :O I've been searching high and low to get some and have found ONE so far. (And the little brat wouldn't use it, so now I've moved it to a different doe's cage)

P.S... if Showoff goes missing, it wasn't me! :pancake:

Got some questions.

Bucket size please. And what did you use to stain the wood?

Thanks Cali! :)

The buckets are from the paint department at Home Depot.

No stealing Showoff! :nono: She is Queenpup's rabbit!

Sky- they are 2 gallon size, and we used Olympic Wood Protector for decks, siding, and fencing.

MamaSheepdog":gbdceer7 said:
Thanks Cali! :)

The buckets are from the paint department at Home Depot.

No stealing Showoff! :nono: She is Queenpup's rabbit!

Lucky Queenpup :D I have no idea what I'd do with a wooly anyway, so alas I shall admire her from afar!

Oh my those are cute bunnies. I want to snuggle with both of them!

Please tell me what you use around the edge of the door opening and what you use to lock the door up.

Marinea":1c8bctrx said:
Oh my those are cute bunnies. I want to snuggle with both of them!

Please tell me what you use around the edge of the door opening and what you use to lock the door up.

Aren't they adorable? :D Showoff is a pretty good snugglebunny, but Summit is so named because she wants to be as high as she can get- she will leap up to your shoulder rather than sit nicely in your lap!

I bought the door locks and edge guard at a show, but you can get them from most cage companies. The edge guard comes in long lengths, and you cut it to size.

MaggieJ":1c8bctrx said:
Showoff is gorgeous... and I think she knows it! :D

Showoff knows it for sure! Queenpup tells her often enough. ;)

MaggieJ":1c8bctrx said:
Very nice set-up, MSD. You do great work! :goodjob:

Thank you. *blush* My dad was a MasterJourneyman Cabinetmaker and was quite the perfectionist. :roll: I could probably accomplish more if I wasn't so meticulous, but my dad instilled a love of fine craftsmanship in me. I know its just a rabbit cage, but still... :oops:

siddsaysgimmie":1c8bctrx said:
I wish I was more handy.

There's nothing to it really. :) If you can use wire cutters (or a reciprocating saw which saves time and effort) and a J-clip plier, you're good to go!

LeAnn24":1c8bctrx said:
siddsaysgimmie":1c8bctrx said:
If I was a bunny, I would want to live there.. I wish I was more handy.
I second that!!

Thanks guys! I tried to make it nice for them. I am going to make a matching cage so I can have four JW does and two bucks. :p

binky":he772p2h said:
Can you tell me what wry neck is? Thanks.

It is a protozoa that lives mainly in the kidneys, but when the immune system is compromised, it migrates through the body and into other organs. It can cause chronic "weepy eye", but often lodges in the brain and forms cysts. My rabbit has a mild case where his head will sometimes "tick" back and forth, like he is glancing quickly over his shoulder and then faces forward again.

You can read more about it here:

http://www.barbibrownsbunnies.com/ecuniculi.htm

How do you get things so straight? lol I can never get things to align right. I think my wire must just suck. I can measure out 8', but hit the 8' point in the middle of a rectangle, so end up bending corners here and there... x__x;

Nice job! :) Showoff is beautiful, and looks like she's giving you a little attitude with her one ear up, and one down! :lol:

fuzzy9":8wwebkvf said:
Nice job! :) Showoff is beautiful, and looks like she's giving you a little attitude with her one ear up, and one down! :lol:

Thanks, Fuzzy! Yes, she didn't appreciate having the camera thrust into her cage- and since I couldn't look through the viewfinder, it was taking forever to frame a pic.

She was all "Get on with it, lady! I'm trying to relax here!"

really like that setup! wish i knew how to make my own cages lol I dont have my dads jack of all trades thing going for me at all :/

Nyctra":rhobjp7g said:
How do you get things so straight? lol I can never get things to align right. I think my wire must just suck.

Poorer quality wire sometimes has spacing that isn't uniform, so it could be the wire's fault! More expensive wire has stricter tolerances.

The dividers do have a bit of a wave to them since they are on the inside and are a bit squeezed between the sides.

Latest posts

Back