First litter of pupples for Switch! Pic update 10-04!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaSheepdog

Reaction score
This is Switch:

IMG_7088.JPG

She is from our first litter out of Levi (Aussie) and Basil (Queensland/Border Collie):

IMG_6674 - Copy.JPG

Basil with her last litter, which were all short haired except for one, unlike her half and half litters prior:

IMG_9087.JPG

She was bred to Bocephous, a huge Aussie weighing about 85lbs. He is Levi's half brother, and is owned by my friends:

IMG_7029 - Copy.JPG

She had eight pupples.

Three boys:

IMG_0022.JPG

And five girls:

IMG_0030.JPG
IMG_0080.JPG

Three of the pups are already "reserved", two to families that have pups from our prior litters, and one to the friend of someone who has one of our pups. There are eight additional pre-screened families on my waiting list. :D

I can't wait for their eyes to open- if we have a blue-eyed tri, I think I will :fainting:

Lots of puppies. :0 Their ears are so tiny and cute! ;O;

MaggieJ":i6i8ecsd said:
I hope you get your blue-eyed tri!

Me too- it will be striking!

Must...
not...
keep...

Nyctra":i6i8ecsd said:
Their ears are so tiny and cute!

Aren't they adorable? the sounds they make are really sweet, too.

Kyle@theHeathertoft":i6i8ecsd said:
WOW, that male dog is AMAZING!!!!!!!! Bred to such a nice compact female I bet those pups will be great!!!

Yes, Bo is gorgeous and very agile for such a large dog. I can't wait to see how the pups turn out. Switch is very stocky and has a broad head and muzzle for a female, so they should be gorgeous. :p<br /><br />__________ Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:54 pm __________<br /><br />The pupples just keep getting cuter and cuter! :D

I just sent out an update to the people on the waiting list for this litter, and thought I would share the pics with y'all as well.

IMG_0496.JPG
IMG_0522.JPG
IMG_0478.JPG
IMG_0546.JPG
IMG_0560.JPG
IMG_0440.JPG

Thanks, guys!

We love having pupples! They are just too dang cute. :)

They get plenty of socializing here... we can't seem to keep our hands off of them. :roll:

This litter is funny. We have a couple of howlers! I'll have to get a pic of one "in voice". :lol:

See, that's the problem with puppies. They don't STAY that way! Alas... They become bigger, their energy increases even more (unbelievable, but true), and they need work to stay out of trouble. Even grown Berners need some kind of (part-time) job to keep their minds happy. But these guys? No way could I ever give one of these unbelievably cute darling doggies I wanna hug 'em and make googoo eyes and stuff--

Ahem. Excuse me.

No way could I provide enough work to keep a grown-up one of these little girls or boys out of trouble and happy. "A tired dog is a good dog." 'Fraid a 50'x100' lot, most of which is taken up by a house, a long paved driveway and carport, and a redwood tree some fool planted in 1961, just doesn't provide enough work for an Aussie cross or a true Aussie, either one. I'd have to take the little guy/girl to Point Isabel every day for at least 2 hours of "Get the ball!" with a chuck-it and that probably still wouldn't be enough.

But o my god stars heavens above they are darling. Wanna drive to where you are and crawl into the puppy pen. :love:

DogCatMom":21h5e78c said:
See, that's the problem with puppies. They don't STAY that way! Alas... They become bigger, their energy increases even more (unbelievable, but true), and they need work to stay out of trouble.

No way could I provide enough work to keep a grown-up one of these little girls or boys out of trouble and happy.

I think you would be pleasantly surprised by this line of dogs. They are not the high intensity wackos that some Aussies are.

Part of it is the way I raise them. I have always told my kids- and anyone else that will listen!- that you need to have some training on a dog before encouraging rowdy behavior. Teach them to be calm and responsive FIRST, and then you can start playing chase or tug-of-war.

You have to make an effort to get these dogs going. If you are relaxing reading a book, they are happy to laze around with you. But if you want to go on a trail ride with your horses, throw a ball, or have a rousing game of hide and seek, they will happily play along. :)

Levi is a dog who loves to fetch... but although he will race to get the ball (or rock :roll: ), he saunters proudly back at a walk or a trot.

Just what my 1/10th of an acre needs an incentive to have puppies as well as popples! ;)

Just kidding, the neighbors can't go in and count the kits in the nest boxes. Dogs are harder to hide.

I love them MSD. Hope they're giving you 100x more fun than your giving us by posting pics. At least I know where to go when I get a farm and am ready for my blue merl pup. :) I'd make the drive for that!

Switch is gorgeous. Her pups are very cute. I love your mamma dog though. I rather have someone raise the pups and I will take switch please.

DogCatMom":8e50o877 said:
See, that's the problem with puppies. They don't STAY that way! Alas... They become bigger, their energy increases even more (unbelievable, but true), and they need work to stay out of trouble. Even grown Berners need some kind of (part-time) job to keep their minds happy.

MSD's dogs are so incredibly laid back most of the time....unless there is a job to do, then they are all business! LOL

But these guys? No way could I ever give one of these unbelievably cute darling doggies I wanna hug 'em and make googoo eyes and stuff--

It was all I could do not to stuff Daisy(from the last litter) into my suitcase as we were leaving MSD's place in July....seriously.... :mrgreen:

Ahem. Excuse me.

No way could I provide enough work to keep a grown-up one of these little girls or boys out of trouble and happy. "A tired dog is a good dog." 'Fraid a 50'x100' lot, most of which is taken up by a house, a long paved driveway and carport, and a redwood tree some fool planted in 1961, just doesn't provide enough work for an Aussie cross or a true Aussie, either one. I'd have to take the little guy/girl to Point Isabel every day for at least 2 hours of "Get the ball!" with a chuck-it and that probably still wouldn't be enough.

But o my god stars heavens above they are darling. Wanna drive to where you are and crawl into the puppy pen. :love:

I think you would be pleasantly surprised at the temperment on these pupples as they grow. I honestly have never been around a more well adjusted, well behaved pack (and I do mean pack, cuz she has a few!) of dogs EVER! I am SO getting 1 (or three) from my Sistah when we get that fence put up. She does an amazing job of training and that is why the generally are sold almost before they are born. That is the difference between people that just breed dogs to make money and people that breed to create well adjusted, well behaved working animals.

Latest posts

Back