You know you raise meat rabbits when....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarayTala

Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to thought a thread like that after what happened to me tonight.

So you know you breed meat rabbits when you reach for a bottle opener from your nightstand and accidentally grab a rabbits foot :lol: I had preserved a couple from a rabbit with coloring I loved, and in the dim light they were about the same size and shape. Imagine my surprise when my bottle opener was suddenly furry! :shock:

Has anyone else had moments like this?

Rolling over to snuggle into the blanket, but instead find yourself snuggling into a dirty old rabbit hide the dog drug into bed. =__=

You forget the rabbit heads outside in a bucket and the next morning their glazed eyes are staring at you :p

You can't find any real food in your fridge because it is filled with "resting" rabbits.<br /><br />__________ Wed May 29, 2013 12:43 pm __________<br /><br />
wildeden":28qb9pqf said:
You forget the rabbit heads outside in a bucket and the next morning their glazed eyes are staring at you :p

:x The staring eyes creep me out, so I leave the heads attached and roll the hide inside out over them and cut the neck under the hide so it is all one unrecognizable piece.

Your standing in line at the grocery store and you realize the person in front of you is staring at the scratches on your arms you got earlier that day while sexing bunnies. :oops: Fiesty little bugers! :)

I used to name my rabbits that, then my friend came and named them all ingredient :D. I like it, makes the best of sense!

SilverDesertRabbitry":n5keoqyh said:
Kyle@theHeathertoft":n5keoqyh said:
...when you name your rabbits things like Dinner, Supper, Snack, Stew...

...When you tattoo your meat pen for fair STIR, FRY, RABBIT :p

:lol: :lol: :lol: I want to have 1 of my sons meat pen rabbits tatoo'd BBQ

JessicaR":2p6cc9v9 said:
SilverDesertRabbitry":2p6cc9v9 said:
Kyle@theHeathertoft":2p6cc9v9 said:
...when you name your rabbits things like Dinner, Supper, Snack, Stew...

...When you tattoo your meat pen for fair STIR, FRY, RABBIT :p

:lol: :lol: :lol: I want to have 1 of my sons meat pen rabbits tatoo'd BBQ

That would be awesome!!

When you have to give yourself a "blood spatter" check before going to pick your kids up at school.

WOw it's been a while since I've been on here..lol

...When you walk into Walmart looking like you were involved in a massacre, in which you forgot you had blood splatters all over your pants and shirt. Yes, true story haha

~SDR

Miss M":3agc9igw said:
When half the stuff in your freezer is untanned hides. :roll:

...when you get a second freezer just for pelts. :p

...and over half the stuff in the storage room is dried or salted hides.

...When you forget how to cook chicken...or pork. :lol:

...when all of your rabbits are in perfect health, and your brother likes to joke that they are afraid to sneeze. :twisted:

When you can dampen your thumb and roll cylindrical strands of rabbit
hair string off the bill your ball-cap...........and laugh at the stares you receive.

When you loudly argue with grown man because yet again he mowed your "special" section of the yard. He, for the 10th time that season, insists it looked bad and they were just weeds and you start to consider violent methods to deal with it.

I definitely relate to hides in the freezer, dog-toy hides in the bed, preserved rabbit feet in odd places, checking for blood, getting worried looks from mental health professionals I work with because of the scars on my arms, trying to identify weeds on the sides of the road while driving......

Latest posts

Back