YAY FREDDIE!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelbers91

Reaction score
Look at mah baaaaabyyyyyy! After months of work Freddie, my 20yr old cockatiel has the aviator harness on for the first time! Yaaayyyyyy!! Goes to show you can teach an old bird new tricks! He is such a champ! The only thing he had a problem with was the buckle but cuddles helped clear that up lol I am so excited! I was hoping it would go well since I'm moving this will allow me to take Freddie with me places. I hope to have him settled in with it by April 13th to take him to the bird social :D I posted here instead of other animals because this is definitely news lol he is amazing and I almost had a heart attack not sure how he'd react even though he did well with the steps. My budgie did too but won't wear it, she just tried to kill it lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 273
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 273
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 273
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 273
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 273
Aww, what a cutie! Congrats. I can only imagine what a thrill it must be to get him harnessed.

Congratulations! He's so tame! My last cockateil was named Pecker due to his death-bite...his new owner changed his name to Chico so her son wouldn't be using a "bad word"....makes me laugh.
They love him, though. He's become somewhat tame, due to their having a very tame young hen, who demonstrated tame behavior. Yes, old birds can learn new tricks!!!

I had a pied cockatiel named Prince Charles. He was a sweetheart too. His mate, Willa the Whisp, was a 'fiesty' little thing but her hatchlings were all very sweet like poppa. I dont think she had the best start in life.

Thanks! I am oh so proud of him! And we will try it again tonight ^^ gotta get him used to it.

He was sort of tame when I got him but a lot is working with him to help him become tamer. Had to do that before I tried the harness too.

Many things can contribute to a birds behavior but the hard work usually always pays off in the end!

Latest posts

Back