would you use super glue

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had that happen to one a while back in the same spot , I just let it heal naturally tho it wasn't quite as deep as that appears to be. It did take a long time to totally heal and had a lump of scar tissue under the skin that never went away.

I have used superglue on wounds in the past .... with great success. My sister actually cut the tip of her finger off many years ago and I used superglue to put it back on. We never told our parents until about 25 years later and there the scar was almost invisible , you had to know it was there and then still hard to find. She said it burned like crazy and was literally
firehair.gif
after.

As delicate as they are at that age , I wonder if the pain from the remedy may kill it ....

I had a doe jump in and slice one of her kits...near scalped the poor thing...in a panic I super glued it...pinched the edges tight and put the glue on...healed nice and could barely see a scar. kit pulled through fine and didn't even squeak at the glue. It does heat up when applied though so the less it touches the raw edges of the wound the better(that's the bits that really hurt), but might be worth doing just to be sure the kit stays healthy. Just keep an eye on it for a little bit after putting the glue on. If the kit seems unfazed it will probably be perfectly ok

I would super glue it.

I have used it myself on small cuts, and never noticed any pain. I have also superglued Queenpup twice- once for a laceration in her hairline and once on the chin. She was the type of little girl that would wig out if she had a splinter and you came at her with a needle to get it out, and she wasn't phased by the glue either.

Ramjet":1pe2wxvd said:
My sister actually cut the tip of her finger off many years ago and I used superglue to put it back on. We never told our parents until about 25 years later and there the scar was almost invisible , you had to know it was there and then still hard to find. She said it burned like crazy and was literally

i think the reason it hurt so bad is the placement...my sister had her finger tips taken off in an accident and they hurt like crazy for years. there are lots more nerve endings there then other parts of the body so more to hurt... wound in the bunnies side shouldn't have as many nerves to irritate

Sinnfox":gjo6kwna said:
Ramjet":gjo6kwna said:
My sister actually cut the tip of her finger off many years ago and I used superglue to put it back on. We never told our parents until about 25 years later and there the scar was almost invisible , you had to know it was there and then still hard to find. She said it burned like crazy and was literally

i think the reason it hurt so bad is the placement...my sister had her finger tips taken off in an accident and they hurt like crazy for years. there are lots more nerve endings there then other parts of the body so more to hurt... wound in the bunnies side shouldn't have as many nerves to irritate

Very likely the # of nerves in the area played a part .... but you also have to consider what that burning sensation is .... Compare it to an antiseptic giving the same sensation when applied , the burning is the medication attacking / destroying cells both foreign and domestic.

I'm not knocking it - the stuff works! Just passing on a bit of real world experience ....
firehair.gif
was a pretty good description , she is a ginger and that is a pretty realistic representation of her reaction .....
mutley.gif

My sister has had no long term pain nor loss of feeling .... We still laugh about the incident all these years (34) later.

Ramjet":fn2vz2j7 said:
she is a ginger and that is a pretty realistic representation of her reaction
um...my sister is a ginger to...>.> so I guess the ginger sisters of texas rabbit keepers need to be in fear for their finger tips?

Latest posts

Back