Worms for Chickens

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooter1A

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I used to keep my rabbit manure cleaned up daily. I finally realized that if I just let it build up under the hutch it will feed the chickens. It is dead winter now so the smell is none and the hay gives me some traction on the ice. Come summer I'm not sure I can stand leaving it all but will see how it goes. I'm slowly adapting to pretty isn't always the best way.

I like to clean under cages/hutches in fall and spring, just twice a year. Preferably on a nice day that isn't too warm or cool for comfort. That tends to also be when the least smell or bugs will be too.
I'm not terribly bothered about it looking pretty though either way haha.

That's poetic as heck!
Ha it is!! Sprouting beans and oats in the house today. Still freezing but we didn't get all the snow. We would have sun if they would stop spraying us, Bunnies doing well under tarps but boy are they bored. Hoping tomorrow they can bust out and play. They have learned to drink before it freezes. Chickens also. Not coming out but still laying.

Back