Why did you choose the name you did, for your rabbitry?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked the Heathertoft because when I was young, my happiest memories were from a place called the Heather House (so named because it was within sight of Heather's Run at Boyne Highlands)...and the suffix -toft means "homestead." Ergo, my future homestead and my rabbitry name are the Heathertoft. :)

my rabbitry naming story is kinda boring, lol.

I have been using the screen name Bad Habit for ages, 8 or 9 years now. When I started breeding rabbits, I tested "Bad Habit Rabbits" and found that I quite liked it, it sounded good and people responded to it well.

Alternately, I tell people that it's Bad Habit Rabbits because they're like a bad habit, hard to have just one.

And a random factoid, there is also a defunct music group named The Bad Habit Rabbits.

rather simple here... jjrabbitry... for jackson and jeannie... even all the kids and grandkids have their names start with "j" .. but one, lol... just lil ol matthew (whose "real" first name is William...) so his nickname is Spaz ~ since his is so different (loving applied of course)

we just ran outta names... we have two jacks, three jasons, and two jasmines... guess we weren't creative enough, lol

Robert Frost is one of my favorite poets/environmentalists. The farm name is Frosted Acres, and is used on anything I can in order to help keep my dream alive. The dreama viable, ecologically rresponsible farm, that will eventually go into a trust for a nonprofit group.

Mom made up "24 Carrot Rabbitry". :lol:

When I get my own rabbitry, I'm probably gonna name it "Hotel California". :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I was playing with the name "Trickster's-Rabbitry".

I'm going with the Celtic and N.American myths of the rabbits being a cunning trickster. (working on a business card)

I'm not really sure.... :roll: Haha, I just wanted something catchy, and something people would remember so I decided on something with double letters to make it somewhat rhyme like "Bouncy Bunnies" or "Happy Hoppers." Easy Ears was one of the first ones I picked, and ended up being basically the last one on the list when I went online to check and see if anyone else had the names I came up with. Haha. :lol:

Whitehaven Woods Rabbitry fit for me easily because first of all our last name is "White".
For years I dreamt of a little land with a country feel. 3 years ago that dream came true with a home on 3 1/2 acres back in a woods. It is a true haven to me with wild turkeys, deer, and an abundance of flowers. Thus, we call our home Whitehaven.

I don't even have rabbits yet :-o but I like the sound of Moon Meadow Rabbits or Bayview Rabbitry. "Bayview" comes from the name of our property way back when and from the beautiful view of the mountains and ocean. :canada-fireworks: "Moon Meadow" is just something I randomly came up with :lol:

I wasn't given a choice, when I remodeled an outhouse into a rabbit hutch the name "Outhouse Rabbit Ranch" was unavoidable.
:lol:

Our rabbitry is a joint project between all of my kids. Their other main hobbies outside of rabbits are soccer and theater. We wanted to name the rabbitry that would also provide a theme for naming our buns as well, and we thought that there would be more good options found in theater productions versus soccer players, so we went with Backstage Rabbitry.

Boring name picking here.

April & Kevin Foster thus became AKF Rabbitry.

Hubby Kevin is no longer interested, and insists the AKF now stands for April, Kari (my sister who goes with me to all of my rabbit shows) and friends.

My rabbitry name comes from a name I chose for a kennel name and it's sort of taken over everything. I'm Lorazark because there's always multiple species in my house and its a pun on Noahs ark and my first name.

Latest posts

Back