Who do you sell your meat to?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean, this thread is almost 10 years old...but all the info above stands. Don't breed if you can't cull your own. If you don't plan on eating them or showing them, or some other use for YOURSELF, this is a very long, slow way to try to make money in the US.

That said, I could MAYBE, OCCAISIONALLY, get $20 for a cleaned whole rabbit in my area, or $10-15 for pet food whole carcasses, but I can readily sell breeding stock 8week olds for $20-100 depending on pedigree/breed, and bred does for anywhere from $40-120 each, again depending on pedigree/breed. This is due to being near a major metro area right after a pandemic where everyone decided to learn to make sourdough (something that cracked me up because I have been doing that my whole life).

Point is, 15 years ago I could not sell broken pedigreed show quality NZ red rabbits in my area for more than the feed cost to make them (I got about $8-10), but now I can sell American Chins and English Angoras for a crazy (to me) amount, live. And go buy myself steak at the store--or more feed, more likely, lol.

Latest posts

Back