Which to keep?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disney

Reaction score
I have 2 doe's in Arika's litter and i need to keep one.. but which one?
Normally i can decide easily, either by color preference or head shape, i like big boned, square heads.. but can't see a thing because of the mane

I still have a few weeks left until they're weaned, but people might call for them any minute and then i'll have to know which one's for sale and which one is not.

How do you pick one? What are the things you look for to differentiate them?

I actually have the same problem with another litter, 2 opals..
But this one is harder. I would appreciate any help or pointers.

2v988de.jpg

4896819_orig.jpg

sdl7wh.jpg

2jb2s9f.jpg

Mother

580471_orig.jpg

Father

8063127_orig.jpg

My personal opinion in the Black Vienna Marked bunny do to its over all shape.
Hope my opinion helps sorry I would give more info but I am not there to feel and look at it physically. :D
Love VM bunnies!
My whole rabbitry of lionheads is based on BEWs and VM bunnies next to my beautifully colored rabbits like my Harlequins, Magpies, and Broken Charlies. Of coarse all VC But many VM. :bunnyhop:

The black seems to be a winner :eek:

But the pic of the white isn't really justifying her.. now i feel bad for her, need to change that pic for a better one :oops:

ilovecharmz":3sgsn386 said:
My personal opinion in the Black Vienna Marked bunny do to its over all shape.
Hope my opinion helps sorry I would give more info but I am not there to feel and look at it physically. :D
Love VM bunnies!
My whole rabbitry of lionheads is based on BEWs and VM bunnies next to my beautifully colored rabbits like my Harlequins, Magpies, and Broken Charlies. Of coarse all VC But many VM. :bunnyhop:

Thankyou, your opinion is of great help!
VM's are the best! :D

Well it's been 10 years since i had a black rabbit, now all i have are whites so i could use some dark shading in there to keep things interesting :lol: all odds lean towards the black now but i feel bad for the other one, don't want to make her feel left out :cry: LOL

Well its all up to you... but even with her being kinda stretched out I can tell the black VM Is still the way to go.
Don't feel bad, appreciate that she has beautiful coloring and that you had the chance to watch her grow up to the beginning of her knew start to life. I know sometimes in my rabbitry I have to make a decision which one I want or that I want one but don't have the room at the time.
For these bunnies I usually sale only to someone I know will be great to her. selling her to a well know trusted breeder or as a family pet willing to take the time of day for her with older children. :roll:
I know you will make a great decision either way they both have great coloring but like you said you have plenty of whites maybe its time to experiment and spice some things up a bit :mrgreen:

They are both beautiful. With the coloring of the parents I would keep the black myself. Seems like the black may pose a little better for you too.

I lIke color-- So based on that, the black-- BUT..You can feel structure, and if you need structure- THAt is something harder to achieve in a short period of time... :popcorn:

I didn't expect the black one to stand out..
Does it maybe have something to do with their different posing? Because the white isn't sitting upright which could unjustify her type? Or can you actually judge their features regardles of their pose? Maybe you'd liked the white one more if she posed the same way as the black?

I don't show rabbits, so i don't do the "posing" but i guess it shows their overall body and type better.

Reading the comments and votes, i have decided to keep the black!
I really appreciate everything's individual comment/opinion/vote on this one :)

if that is both them sitting comfortably for them and no posing from you then it would seem the black has naturally better body pose.
good luck

Back