What to do??

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crookdbeak13

Reaction score
My Rex cross doe seems to have pulled her teeth on the wire of her cage. She seems to eat just fine, and I know that she pulled the teeth on the wire because I check their teeth every day. The evening before, her teeth were perfect, and the next afternoon, I could see that some of her teeth were sticking out. My first thought was I know I didn't miss them being too long, but was prepared to trim if need be. When I took her out and inspected, one side of her mouth is misaligned, while the other side still meets the bottom teeth as it should. (I can post pictures later)

My question is, other than trimming the side that is misaligned to allow it to heal and possibly go back to normal, and watching her food/water intake, what should I do?

Any thoughts?? :popcorn:

Take her to an orthodontist?

I think that what you described is all that can be done for her, aside from maybe putting pressure on her gums over the misaligned tooth to try to push it back into position. Rabbit teeth grow surprisingly fast, so as long as it comes in straight, she should be back to normal in no time.

MSD that truly made me :lol:

I am listing her for sale with her buck and disclosing the teeth at this time. I am going to keep an eye on her and see how it goes. She is eating---a lot- so I have high hopes for her.

Back