What should I do?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wild1slilfarm

Reaction score
I was out takeing care of bunnies, checked one of my bucks as i am getting redy to start my fall breedings and he has a split penis, i swear he didnt when i bought him but he shure does now....
Do I keep him as a breeder?
or
Do I send him to Freezer Camp? :?:

How old is the rabbit? There is a thread, where she had split penis' and as the rabbit grew, the penis became normal. Will see if I can find it.

Piper":1974nwqu said:
How old is the rabbit? There is a thread, where she had split penis' and as the rabbit grew, the penis became normal. Will see if I can find it.

Weird!

But, I also cull when I find a buck with it.

Can you get pics so others with experience could give you their opinions?

I culled an entire litter, but wait till at least 4 mos depending on the breed and how fast it grows.

I had a 16 week old and by them, it should have a normal penis. As it approached 18 weeks, it was pretty obvious it wasn't going to close.

The kit from the repeat litter was ambiguous until about 16 weeks, then the hole closed and the penis was normal. But it's the does from that litter you have to worry about. supposedly, the animal must manifest the defect to pass it on (kind of how a rabbit must be a broken to produce brokens). If a buck does not have a split penis, then he cannot pass it on. But if a doe carries the defect you can never tell, so I culled all of the does from that little.<br /><br />__________ Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:01 pm __________<br /><br />
wild1slilfarm":348cwqsc said:
interasting, the buck is 7months old come out of old highway 30 rabbitry in caldwell, ID

A buck at 7 mos old should have a normal looking penis.

wild1slilfarm":2t8w7zrg said:
ok, so i have this bucks sister as well. Should i cull her as well and i will post pictures to night

I culled the does from that litter, the does from the repeat litter and the dam. I would, that is a matter of conviction and personal opinion.

Latest posts

Back