What is YOUR opinion on this?? worth it??

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a steal for the rabbits alone. That is a lot of bunnies! The cages would do as quarantine cages- they are using hardware cloth and chicken wire, which are not predator proof, but would work until you make something better.

not very good wire on those.
sides might be fine for keeping indoors, but you'll need to replace the garbage wire on the bottom.
mind... as soon as you get a rabbit that says I WANT OUT it'll get through chicken wire in no time flat.

I'd talk him down.

Based on the pics, cages are 16 by 16in in size, very small to me. The floor is also hardware cloth, so that would need to be changed out. Depending on how they put the pens together, that might be a massive pain in the butt to do.
They may be divided by the wood, remove it and get bigger? Might be great if that's true. But the only doors are on the top, and the whole top opens by the look of it.
Wire is chicken wire, no good against predators.

All in all, the worth would be in the rabbits, not the hutches. Unless you loved the rabbits, I wouldn't. No idea how many there actually are, only one with papers, it seems.

it appears that the divider between cages, is removable, to make each cage set, into one long cage - if wanted.
MamaSheepdog":1zvf088o said:
It is a steal for the rabbits alone.
I agree
You might ask where the pedigree male ended up - that you might want to buy from that person. That would also be a nice way to find out if the male died. Wonder if he has had any problems with ear mites or anything else.
Will he give a background on the rabbits? How many litters they have had?
Looks like a new set up. He may have had problems, you know how to work out. His loss, may really be your gain!

Back