What is the difference between Tri-Color and Harlequin?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
I always just thought that tri color were broken harlequin but I was looking at pictures and that doesnt seem to be the case.

So, what is the difference between the two?

So if I got a harlie buck and two tri color does it would be a good set?

Having spent over an hour yesterday looking at pictures the colors looked so different that I began to think I was crazy thinking they were related! :lol:

YES.

harlequin buck with GOOD distribution of colour

plus

two tricolour does... hopefully with equal spotting.

and you are well on your way. :)

ladysown":2rhavotn said:
YES.

harlequin buck with GOOD distribution of colour

plus

two tricolour does... hopefully with equal spotting.

and you are well on your way. :)

Super!

Any idea who in the world (or at least the country) has that in Rex?

I only have room for THREE buns anymore so they need to be special.

Tonya Schrawder and Vallerie McGill in PA as well. Tonya I believe is JT Rabbitry. Don't think her website is up still, but both are active on FB and in the Mason-Dixon Rex club.

Thank you both for the info on where to find my holy grail. Now I have a place again to keep them I shall have a look at prices and distances. NC might not be too bad for me, esp as I have to go to North Georgia this winter. <br /><br /> __________ Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:00 am __________ <br /><br /> Thats not to bad, only 5ish hours away from my Ga destination. But other than Facebook, does anyone have contact details for her? I did a google search but no joy.

GBov":r1vogf2n said:
Thank you both for the info on where to find my holy grail. Now I have a place again to keep them I shall have a look at prices and distances. NC might not be too bad for me, esp as I have to go to North Georgia this winter.

__________ Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:00 am __________

Thats not to bad, only 5ish hours away from my Ga destination. But other than Facebook, does anyone have contact details for her? I did a google search but no joy.

Here is the email for Liz @ Meadowfields Rabbitry: >>>Please PM for contact info.<<<
Hope that helps you get your tri's

I did NOT need to know that these such bunnies existed in my state! :p <br /><br /> __________ Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:38 pm __________ <br /><br /> I just looked up Meadowfield's FB and they are gorgeous! DH thinks they are kind of ugly though :roll: Oh, and only 4 counties to the left of us!

I do not need another breed, I do not need another breed, I do not need another breed...

I did lol. Sneaky sneaky. I actually have a harlequin doe on day 30 right now. She is bred to a broken harlequinized castor, and should have harlequin and tricolor. She may have some other colors as the sire is genetically a castor.

I do have a Harlequinized castor buck who is only good as a meat breeder and not show quality. He is super sweet and loves petting.
My harlequin doe[album]3412[/album]

My harlequin castor 8 weeks old and weighs 3.2 pounds. His brother weighs 3.14 pounds.
IMG_1490.jpg

MeadowfieldRabbitry":197f732i said:
Forget cookies, I have Tri lol
[album]3411[/album]
[album]3410[/album]
[album]3409[/album]
[album]3407[/album]
[album]3408[/album]
I love tris... they are awesome!
Such cuties you have!! Cute posing too!!

Back