What is a double open show?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Double" means there are two shows held on the same day, shows A & B. They will rotate the judges so that your rabbits will be examined by two different people.

"Open" means it is open to all exhibitors, both youth and adult. Most shows have a "Youth" category for exhibitors up to 19 years old.

Double shows are great as you get to have your rabbits judged twice in one day with minimal added expense!

Awesome. Do you pay to enter them twice or just once?

Kinda confusing

Bunnie":2guwq32u said:
Do you pay to enter them twice or just once?

Twice unless you choose to enter only one show. Entry fees are usually about $3.

Definitely going unless something changes. Just trying to figure out who to take and who to enter in which show. I don't want to get spread too thin and my luck I would have two rabbits needing to be shown at the same time on different tables lol.

And I only have 2 show cages with 2 holes in each, and I don't have pans for the bottoms... So I will be the one with redneck rigged show cages :(

I went to the shows in Collins, MS each of the past 2 years, and trust me when I tell you that you'll fit right in with any "redneck rigs" you may wish to put together.

There will also be alot of breeders from Louisiana at the show. Breeders from that state support the MS shows rather well.

Didn't even know there were shows in Collins! I am new to the ARBA shows. Hope to meet some of y'all at the show :) inbox me if you would like to exchange contact information, if you can't recognize me by my rabbits. (I will have a hodgepodge of breeds, and will probably be the one who is nervous and doesnt know what she is doing)

There won't be a Collins show this year, but the past couple of years it's been held in mid February. The few people who ran it couldn't get any of their local breeders to commit to helping put it on and opted to just lay low for the spring and see how another date pans out further on down the road. It's sad, but it would be lunacy to say that the majority of shows aren't put on, staffed, and legworked by a very few people who are willing to actually help out while the rest are kicked back in their portable living rooms talking about how the sponsoring club ought to be doing this, that or the other to make the show run smoothly. Yeah, you'll run into that just about everywhere you attend a show. Long story short, if you want to get on the club's good side, offer to help write comment cards at a judge's table or pull some time at the raffle table. They'll warm up to you quickly.

I really wish I could make the Poplarville show, but unfortunately it falls on the last Saturday of our state's duck season, and when you're a gun salesman in Stuttgart, AR, duck season is the absolute wrong time to try and get a Saturday off for a rabbit show. If it were held just a week later, there is a good chance I would have been able to attend it.

SatinsRule, that's how I ended up being community liaison in our local club :p
Whipple and I attended the AGM and both came away with jobs :lol: once I got over the shock I have to say I'm kind of looking forward to stretching myself a bit.
I highly recommend getting involved in your local clubs, it's good for you and good for the club

SatinsRule":2f9b39fg said:
if you want to get on the club's good side, offer to help write comment cards at a judge's table

If there isn't a clerk present when I am at a table, I volunteer to write comment cards, both for my own breed and those that follow- but for all I know, only the judge is aware of my help. :?

If I've been "scoring points" with the host club when I do that, it would be an added bonus ! :p

MamaSheepdog":3bg0zky2 said:
SatinsRule":3bg0zky2 said:
if you want to get on the club's good side, offer to help write comment cards at a judge's table

If there isn't a clerk present when I am at a table, I volunteer to write comment cards, both for my own breed and those that follow- but for all I know, only the judge is aware of my help. :?

If I've been "scoring points" with the host club when I do that, it would be an added bonus ! :p

Trust me. They recognize and appreciate it more than you realize, especially the show super and secretary. If there is any way I can stay awake long enough to do so, I intend to write for a couple of breeds at my next show, if for no other reason than to learn a little sumpin sumpin about other breeds. It will be a daunting task, especially after I drive all night long to get there.

I do hope to join the club while I am at the show and would love to write cards too. The flyer for this show says it is a no comment card show but I will volunteer where I can.

Trying to figure out who to take. I don't want to stretch myself too thin... The next few days I will take out all of my prospects and weigh them and see who is worth taking...

Be mindful that there is usually an entry deadline, abnd after that, late entry fees apply. Not a problem for small numbers of rabbits, but a notable problem when you begin taking large numbers for double and triple shows.

Bunnie said:
I do hope to join the club while I am at the show and would love to write cards too. The flyer for this show says it is a no comment card show but I will volunteer where I can.

Even in a no comment card show writers are still needed to record placings in the class and BOV, BOSV, BOB, BOS etc.

Yes I am planning to pay the late entry fees since I don't know who I am taking yet. Its OK since I won't have many.

I will def ask.about volunteering.

Latest posts

Back