What feed do you use?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MamaSheepdog":3pfwejou said:
skysthelimit":3pfwejou said:
They don't have the seminole wellness sr horse feed Frosted Rabbit feeds either, I'd love to fee that stuff.

Is Frosted using that as a supplement or a sole feed?

I believe it's a supplement. Last time we talked about it she was using Buckeye pellets. It's a local brand; I stopped using it because it contains a lot of corn, comes in a paper bag and I can't be sure where it was stored or where I can store paper bags, and it actually cost more than MP and Purina.

I feed some stuff milled by a local feed company so much cheaper ( I think it's at $18 for an 80lb bag right now) and fresher than any of the big name stuff we can get around here . :)

fld20":36jejqo5 said:
I feed some stuff milled by a local feed company so much cheaper ( I think it's at $18 for an 80lb bag right now) and fresher than any of the big name stuff we can get around here . :)

That's the case with the feed I get, too. Last batch was milled the day before I got it. When picked up at the mill, it is $11 per 50lb bag, when I met the truck it was $12.

I was perusing CL, and found someone a few blocks from me selling 16% for $14 and 18% for less than $20. And he says he will even stock hay !!!! And he delivers :)

Nice find Sky! Yeah our 4-H leader and the lady we got Picasso from both use Kent rabbit feed and I've heard lots of good things about it and unlike Purina and Manna Pro doesn't have corn. And we can get Kent for only 10. 49 on a 16 min. away drive! We paid 9.49 for Manna Pro and 9.99 for Purina so Kent's more expensive but a MUCH better feed. So we'll be switching after our current feed is finished.

There was never any corn in our manna pro series feeds. The feed store just didn't carry them consistently. We used kent which was custom ordered for each person to the kent feed store. Didn't like it as much as manna pro and manna gro but it was better than nutrena. Now we use a custom pellet

Made for guinea pigs, rabbits, and chinchillas

Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein (min) 18.00 %
Crude Fat (min) 3.5 %
Crude Fiber (min) 18.00 %
Crude Fiber (max) 23.00 %
Vitamin A (IU/LB) 13,640
Vitamin D-3 (ICU/LB) 455
Vitamin C (MG/LB) 450
Calcium (min) 0.7 %
Phosphorus (min) 0.4 %

Ingredients: Sun cured alfalfa, oats, wheat, soybean hulls, soy meal, Choline Chloride, stabilized Vitamin C, Vitamin A supplement,Vitamin E supplement, Manganese Oxide, Menadione Bisulfate, dl-Methionine, Zinc Oxide, d-Calcium Pantothenate,Copper Sulfate, Niacin, d-Biotin supplement, Pyrideoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin D-3 supplement, Riboflavin, supplement, Cobalt Sulfate, Vitamin B-12 supplement, Calcium Iodate, Cane molasses.

Sometimes we mix it 50/50 with manna gro for cost and availability reasons.

Choose a feed that you're Rabbits seem to like and will eat.
Whatever feed you choose, stick with it for a good while
to see what it does for your Herd. Do not switch feed unless
there is an obvious problem caused by it.
Eventually all of your Rabbits will be Culled to your feed.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

Back