What do you think about this Buck?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bougth him and want to know what you guys think about him?
(only breeders and showers Reply no stupid awsners)
securedownload.jpg

Attachments

• securedownload (1).jpg
    securedownload (1).jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 770
  • securedownload (2).jpg
    securedownload (2).jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 770
His conformation looks good - he looks to have decent shoulders which are often a problem in rabbits and he has a nice arch.

A picture from the top down is needed to show if he is too narrow.

His fur looks pretty dense but it looks a bit short in length - ideally it should be 5/8 of an inch long - but of course this is hard to tell from pictures.

His ears look longer than 3 1/2 inches and he also looks a bit over sized - should be under 4lb 4oz - but the hand in the picture might be a small one creating the illusion that he is bigger, have you measured his ears or weighed him?

I agree with Dood, also have to watch bands on castor. I have heard this is more difficult with the brokens versus solid but have no personal experience with this variety.

Great shoulders, excellent depth, rear feet a a touch far forward thus giving the illusion that he is lacking in the rear. Cant tell width, but I suspect its good.

Was going to say the same. I like him a lot. Shoulder and depth are spot on. Because he's a bit over posed, it looks like he's undercut in the rear, but since I can see his rear feet are too far forward, I know he's not.

More important than the actual length of the ears is the appearance of length. If they don't balance with the head, they will look longer. Fold the ear forward to the nose. If it's past the the nose, they are too long. The ears look long without the visual reference of the head, but if the head is big enough, then the ears will look balanced.

How old is he? He is a bit close coated, but that is not a big thing, as long as you have good density. The surface color is uneven, the coat lacks finish. If he's a jr or has not reached senior prime, that could be the cause, or maybe he needs a bit of something in his diet to help him finish.

Castors go through so many coat changes. My last one didn't finish his coat until he was 11 mos old.

He can be a little shorter in the head and ears but they aren't bad, he looks a tad low/long in that shoulder, he does have a really nice midsection and hindquarter on him. Great depth overall. He does look a little close coated, but not bad. He has really nice color and great color to white ratio and distribution of markings.

I would like to see a top and hind view of the buck and a view of his undercolor and rings.

~SDR

Back