What colour tort ? Edit: Top Picture Added

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniquilts

Reaction score
I just picked up this buck from a friend of mine who was giving him away. He is a mixed breed meat mutt and I want to use him to bring some colour into my meat program. I know he is a tort but what colour tort is he ?

Would love to know what ya'll think of him type wise, he weighs in at just under 11 pounds

Here is a top shot

He looks like a solid little guy to be 11 pounds. He looks like he has alot of muscling through the shoulders and thigh but his haunch and loin seem a bit short in length. A picture from the top looking down would give a better idea of the shoulder and loin muscling.

I don't think he is chocolate or blue and he is not shaded. I cannot speculate on the Vienna, wideband, or silver genes.

I would say this genotype is

aa B_ C_ D_ ee

What colour rabbits do you plan to breed him to? Do you know what colour his parents and siblings were? It would help to fill in the blanks.

Dood,

I also have his brother who is the same colour as he is however I don't know the colour of his parents. I plan on breeding him to my cali doe and to my chestnut Flemish mix.

It's impossible to know what is hiding in your Cali so lots surprises in the nest box but you likely won't get Cali marked or REW kits.

Your Flemish cross is also a genetic mystery and like Miniquilts said you will probably just get chestnuts. But if your lucky you could get fawn or black.

Other colours can pop up depending on what recessives theses 3 rabbits are hiding but the odds are not in your favour.

Latest posts

Back