what a surprise!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizardboy101

Reaction score
Well walked into the barn the other day and theres fur everywhere. Im thinking i haven't bred anything for awhile now so what's up with this. Well turns out my young champagne doe got bred through the bars of her cage! I got there in time to save the babies and now have 3 new additions that i was not expecting!

Congratulations! I'm glad you got to them in time! Is the father also a champagne, or are they gonna be lil mutts?

Yes, luckily it was even the buck i planned on breeding her to. Ive heard of does getting bred through cages but never actually had it happen before!

My does can't even get bred in the same cage for 30 days, much less through bars.

I need some of what you have!!

I didn't even know that was possible to breed through the cage bars!? I may need to move some bunnies around!

A friend had it happen with her dogs, she had them separated by chain link. The boys are now on the other side of the yard.
I keep all my bucks in a stacker more than two feet away from everybunny else or with solid dividers between cages

Back