Went to pick up a free dutch and got a mystery, help please

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommaofmany

Reaction score
I responded to a "free black dutch" ad at my vet

At the very least it does not have dutch markings.

IMG_20140117_135841_301.jpg

thoughts?

It was called Misty, my kids decided we will call it Mystery

Just a small black broken, it has quite a bit of white so it could ba a "charlie" meaning it has two broken genes and will only have broken patterned offspring.

My guess is someone bought it at a pet store as a Netherland Dwarf. When asked the breed they remembered the Netherland part and called it a Dutch.

Broken black mutt. With the strong ear and eye markings plus some back markings I'd lean towards a single broken gene but it's possibly a charlie. Charlies can have digestive issues. It's best to feed them plenty of hay.

Haha.... clearly not a Dutch. Two minutes of internet research or picking up any rabbit book up in a library would tell the previous owners that this rabbit isn't a Dutch at all. lol I never quite understood how people make such terrible breed mistakes... it's like saying any rabbit with a broken pattern is an English Spot. lol

Breed could be anything... looks like medium length haired, round faced and long eared, cute mutt bunny. :)

MamaSheepdog":3r6ehrvv said:
So, have you checked to see if he really is a boy?

not yet, I thought I would let him get acquainted with his new surroundings a bit before I violate him lol!

Latest posts

Back