Well, we did ok, and now another question

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CedarRidge

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Went to our first show last weekend and did well. Gained a leg on our Silver Fox buck with a Best in Class, and 2 legs on our doe with a Best of Breed and Meat Lovers Reserve In Show. But since we didn’t know anything about showing, we failed to enter the fur show. I remember at least one fur show after the opens, and a fur show after our speciality. But I can’t remember if there was a fur show after each open. So, here’s the question: if there are 3 opens, is it safe to assume there will be 3 fur shows?

Went to our first show last weekend and did well. Gained a leg on our Silver Fox buck with a Best in Class, and 2 legs on our doe with a Best of Breed and Meat Lovers Reserve In Show. But since we didn’t know anything about showing, we failed to enter the fur show. I remember at least one fur show after the opens, and a fur show after our speciality. But I can’t remember if there was a fur show after each open. So, here’s the question: if there are 3 opens, is it safe to assume there will be 3 fur shows?
Congratulations! That's a great showing! :D

Frequently, fur classes are judged immediately after the breed classes. For instance, all the Silver Fox classes will judged and BOB/BOSB will be chosen, then the animals entered in Silver Fox Fur will be judged. So, generally each show will include fur classes if there are any fur entries. There are no GC legs associated with winning a fur class.

What is a "Meat Lovers Reserve in Show?" I'm not familiar with the "Meat Lovers" term... was that your specialty show?

Photos, please???

Congratulations! That's a great showing! :D

Frequently, fur classes are judged immediately after the breed classes. For instance, all the Silver Fox classes will judged and BOB/BOSB will be chosen, then the animals entered in Silver Fox Fur will be judged. So, generally each show will include fur classes if there are any fur entries. There are no GC legs associated with winning a fur class.

What is a "Meat Lovers Reserve in Show?" I'm not familiar with the "Meat Lovers" term... was that your specialty show?

Photos, please???
Meat lovers was a show competing all the meat breeds (Silver Fox, Florida Whites, American Chinchilla, Harlequin, Silver Marten, etc). You went through the normal judging process (best in class, variety, breed), for your breed, then competed against the bobs of the other meat breeds. Top pick was BIS and #2 was Reserve in Show. Our SF doe took RIS. So, it was a very busy weekend with one rabbit doing 5 shows, the other doing 6. And that didn't include the 4 possible fur shows we missed.

Attachments

• 20240302_154449.jpg
    20240302_154449.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 21868.jpeg
    21868.jpeg
    915.1 KB · Views: 0
How fabulous! Congratulations on a great start!

Latest posts

Back