Weird Noises Rabbits Make

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppinHalfPints

Reaction score
So I was lying down on my bed, reading on my kindle, when I hear this gigantic sneeze come from a quarantined rabbit. It honestly sounded like a bird, and startled me and the cat very badly. I walk over, pick her up, and seeing that there was no snot or anything off, I start laughing. :lol:

Has anybody had rabbits make weird noises?

:cool:

I have a doe and a buck that both love to buzz. For any reason. Happy? You get a buzz. Grumpy? You get a buzz and a thump. Looking for love? You get a buzz, and an appropriate action from each gender, typically followed by a thump when they realize that I'm not the same species and it just ain't gonna happen.

I've also had a doe who sung, and I have a JW doe who slurps when she drinks.

I've not yet to be amazed at the sounds coming from my rabbits!

The other day while I was feeding, I heard someone start sneezing, over and OVER again!!! In a panic, I started grabbing kits and trying to find the "sick" one...turns out one of my Champagne kits shoved it's head into the bowl too hard and jammed a pellet IN A NOSTRIL. Once I removed it, there was no more sneezing. :lol:

I have a doe that barked in protest when I either removed a neighbor she liked or put her next to someone she didn't like. At first I thought she might be sick but then realized that only did it when I rearranged her neighbors.

PSFAngoras":2mbhi8qb said:
I have a doe and a buck that both love to buzz. For any reason. Happy? You get a buzz. Grumpy? You get a buzz and a thump. Looking for love? You get a buzz, and an appropriate action from each gender, typically followed by a thump when they realize that I'm not the same species and it just ain't gonna happen.

I've also had a doe who sung, and I have a JW doe who slurps when she drinks.

I've not yet to be amazed at the sounds coming from my rabbits!

I also have one that buzzes-- he sounds like a humming bird or a bee. He's a netherland dwarf and none of my other rabbits makes that sound.

Back