Videos of my new Equadorian! ^^

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelbers91

Reaction score
I got an Equadorian hermit crab on Sunday and he seems to be doing well. This is my first Equadorian but I have had purple pinchers for about 6 years now.

Here is my new baby just crawlin around http://youtu.be/Z7zmFan5M4Y

And here he is letting me feed him! Look at those mouthparts! Eeep! http://youtu.be/yiFluHsy2jY

945685_655449777814860_777796615_n.jpg

I like E's they are so cute! I can only find PP's up here. Walmart had "Crab in a cup" and they where E's so I saved one. He was so confused, spent most of his time naked. After a couple years he died.
This was after I dumped out the 1 inch of water, poop and food they had in with him... Walmarts crab in a cup.

I sent Walmart a nice nasty email. Basically told them to fill up the bath tub with water, add food and sit in there a week. Eat the food, drink the water and go to the bathroom in there.<br /><br />__________ Fri May 10, 2013 7:06 am __________<br /><br />Here's another one. Petland got these guys in they had plastic helmets glued to their shells... Thankfully this guy moved into a natural shell the first night, the helmet shell was destroyed...

Sadly hermit crabs are seen more as gag gifts, toss away pets and toys! They can live 20-30 years in captivity. They deserve to be treated with respect.

They do. I just impulse bought another E so Michelangelo would have a species buddy. It's a bit larger which I didn't really want larger.. Sigh. Came in the most ridiculous shell I have ever seen in my life. That Walmart thing is so sad. Mine never had those luckily. They aren't even aquatic animals! I would probably cry if I ever saw that I think the McDonald's I had yesterday is making me a bit "off" today

Your sets up are inspiring me to redo my daughters crabitat! I will post pics when it's done. I have EE in there, love it so much. I made the back wall out of spray foam/grout and sealer. It had a Tokay gecko in it, but she has moved in with my Chinese water dragon(both from the same area, both have the same diet etc and they both give each other space. The over weight Tokay is a healthy weight now). The Tokay sticks on the side and the dragon has her branches. Their Viv is 6feet tall, 2.5 feet deep and 3 feet wide.

Wow nice vivarium! Can't wait to see the pics! Hermit crab habitats are fun to make. The big thing with substrate now is 1 part EE to 5 parts sand. So I have 1 block of EE with 50lbs of sand in my 29g. Though I have just EE mixed with miss in my iSO right now. The 1:5 ratio is suppositly closest to what they live in in the wild. I just bought a moss mat at petco that was originally 16.99 on clearance for 4.00

I also impulse bought another E so Michelangelo will have a species buddy. He will be in ISO untill he changes out of his ridiculous shell
247630_656874807672357_708686500_n.jpg

Well he tried burying himself so I have him in this container now. I don't want him to molt in a painted shell and risk harm to his soft exo. Don't want to be stern but it's for his own good. Tough love.

309974_656901057669732_1466538025_n.jpg

Back