URGENT! Need help with doe

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go Bronwyn Go!! Glad to hear she's improving.

It's so hard dealing with prey animals. They hide stuff so well that by the time you have any clue something is wrong it's almost impossible to save them. Very frustrating.

Hang in there, sounds like you're on the right track.

Shannon

trinityoaks said:
Is there anything I can give her or put in her water to help her appetite or boost her calories? quote]

I don't know of anything to put in the water but I have given recovering rabbits mulit-grain cheerios, stale bread and banana slices (complete with peel) to perk up their appitite and gain weight. These are really 'treat' foods and shouldn't be fed all the time but they can help get a thin rabbit eating again.

Good luck with her, I'm glad she is improving under your caring administrations.

Thanks for asking about Branwyn, everyone! She's holding her own, and seems to be slowly gaining strength. I see her every now and then on her feed, grooming herself, etc. I would feel better if she would eat and drink a bit more, but she is getting at least some food and water.<br /><br />__________ Fri May 14, 2010 8:26 am __________<br /><br />Branwyn is up and around this morning, eating and drinking eagerly!

YEAH!!! definitely speaks to something "anti-bunny health" getting to her.

bug bite, spider bite, ingested something she shouldn't have.

Let's hope you figure it out so it does not happen again.

I think Trinity,that giving her that calcium is a good thing.. it sounds like she became very low due to milking, maybe gave too much to the kits. Electrolytes are also a very good idea. When you said she was convulsing that was what made me think of calcium deficency. Good luck!! Sorry about the litter though:(

I sure hope she mends totally.
Did you get rid of the spider you don't want that hanging around your other rabbits :D
If the spider was bigger than normal it could have injected more poisen (if it was a spider)

:grouphug:

Latest posts

Back