Urgent advice needed, pregnant doe with wry neck - Update

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunrise

Reaction score
Just came out this morning to find one of my best brood does with what is almost positively wry neck. She has the classic symptoms. This is a 2 year old proven doe that is due to kindle in 2 days. I have read about the treatment with either ivomec or pancur. What would be your recommendations for a pregnant doe or should I just cull her right now. She has never shown any signs of sickness in 2 years, but I don't want her to suffer. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Gave her a dose of Pancur and the next day she was almost back to normal (yea!). Just a very slight head tilt. When do you think I can move her out of isolation, ever? Also, how about the kits if she has any live ones, will they be infected too? (She's due today) Would they be Ok to eat for dinner if they make it to weaning? Thanks

A friend of mine had a doe get wry neck while she was on a litter. I can't remember what meds she treated her with, but although she improved a little, she still had severe head tilt.

When visiting her barn one day, I gave the doe one of my "Slam Dunk" toys.

IMG_7909.JPG

She immediately began playing with it and flinging it around the cage. Over the weeks the exercise did improve her range of motion, although she was never completely cured.

Guess I should have put my update as another post, but she is doing much better after dose of pancur, I just have a few more questions. Thanks

Latest posts

Back