Update on my barking blue

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stone soup farm

Reaction score
I previously posted on my American blue that was barking. I do think it was an aggressive/discontent noise. She is out of quarantine and healthy as can be. She is being much nicer to me now, I respect her cage entrance and don't put my hand in to far. That way she can come up to me when she feel like it and she does...some. She is about 5 month or so and I checked her, she is looking ready to breed. Yeah. That might help mellow her out even more. :cool:

Here is a picture I took a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• new blue.jpg
    new blue.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 264
I had a little Flemish doe that used to bark, scared the bejeezes out of me since I thought she was coughing, but as it turns out, she was just vocal. She used to sing, too.

Glad you girl is healthy, she is beautiful!

My "Flemish"(not sure what she is,breeder saw me coming)red eyed white,barks at hubby,not really sure why,I feed and care for them. I thought the same,sneezing-aggggg-but no she barks at him,go figure?

She is a beauty!

I'm glad the barking was just her warning you out of her space. :)

When you do breed her, once she kindles spend some time in the first few days to pet her and give her attention.

The hormone prolactin is released during labor and nursing. It is often called "the feel good hormone" because it produces a loving euphoria that causes mothers to bond to their young. You can use this to your advantage- she will already be in an affectionate mood, and will associate your attention with that feeling. I have tamed many a semi feral barn cat or grumpy doe by doing just that. :)

My cranky, grumbly doe got a lot nicer after being bred...and she's STAYING nice, too, which is good. I bet your LOVELY doe pictured above will calm down even more once bred!! She is GORGEOUS, love that color and she looks fantastic.

Back