Update and pictures

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disney

Reaction score
Hi,

I haven't been active her in a while so i thought i'd stop by and catch up. ;)

Before going on 3 weeks holiday to Turkey, i was overloaded with unwanted rabbits and i was confused what to do with them.
Nobody wanted to buy anything since it was the holiday season, and the amount of pet rabbits on internet for sale had doubled.
When i came back home, I reevaluaated my breeding programme and every rabbit that i had. With every rabbit i asked myself "do i need him? will he be of purpose for my projects? if yes, use him for one breeding and sell after, if not sell directly.

And so i sold 21 rabbits, thats half of my herd and i have still around 10 for sale so i'm not done yet. :shock: Even my favorite Disney who had lived in the colony with her sister, daughter and spayed husband. They mean't nothing for my lutino and satindwarf projects so.. that was a hard decision but it was necessary.

I have a chronical rheumatism condition and i have a hard time caring for that many animals so i had to cut down on them.
I was send twice to the hospital this month due to an acute enteritis. The first time when i woke up and the pain was gone, i asked to doctor to send me home because i had 1 week baby bunnies that needed milk because their mother wasn't caring for them.
They told me to stay longer and wanted to make scans of my intestines but i declined, i pushed my health to the side for the rabbits.
A week later i had the same pain and rushed to the doctor, he told me to go the hospital but i refused because i had to feed the babies. I asked for a morfine shot, first he wouldn't give me one because he wasn't sure if it would soften my pain or make it worse but i insisted on it and he shot me. It helped, the burning pain dissapeared after a few hours and i got better.. but for how long? It can come back any time again.. :(

Before, i was always looking through the rabbit sale ads and used to contact the owner when i saw a rabbit that i liked.
I almost turned into a crazy rabbitlady (i'm actually a boy :? ) that collected rabbits over the internet and traveled through holland by train to pick them up in a travelcase. :x :oops:

I'm so glad i changed my thoughts and impulsive behaviour that i'm now able to get rid of every rabbit that i own, well almost every one of them. Except for 3 that i want to keep as long as i can.

And now i'd like to show the rabbit that are left. Some of them are new.
I actually made a huge progress this year. I started with 13 pet rabbits that were nothing but vienna marked of different sizes and bodytypes. And now.. every rabbit is either satin, lutino or a carrier of both. :D

Starting with the bucks.

Nova
Dwarf lutino. He is black underneath. He is for sale.
He carries chocolate, satin, rex.
422146_orig.jpg

Cruz
Dwarf lutino. Son of Nova. I shouldn't be keeping him because he's inbred but he is my first and only lutino baby that i bred so he's quite special and darn cute. :lol:
4109322_orig.jpg

Mitch
Dwarf satin, son of Nova. He carries lutino and rex. He is replacing his dad.
5299595_orig.jpg

Ares
Chocolate dwarf.
Halfbrother to Nova. He possibly carries lutino/satin/rex because his father did, so he has to prove that next year.
8438160_orig.jpg

Java (for sale)
Orange satindwarf. He weighs 1.7 kilo which is very big for a dwarf but he produced peanuts so he is one.
9024717_orig.jpg

Atilla
Chocolate tort? (not proven) He is a satin loinhead with doublemane. Looks like a sheep x alien hybrid :lol:
But boy is he soft!! He is softer than all the other satins combined.
4043339_orig.jpg

Luca
lilac netherland dwarf
I haven't used him yet, but i hopefully will next year.
8390390_orig.jpg

The doe's!!

Videl
Lutino dwarf, my first lutino who started everything and i just love her.
Mother of Cruz. She possibly carries chocolate/satin/rex but not yet proven.
I'm trying to breed her with Mitch but she refuses.. for 4 weeks now! What do i do?
4656534_orig.jpg

Safira
Black Rexs atin dwarf, mother of mitch.
5467453_orig.jpg

Tanya (for sale)
Satin with single mane. Mother of Atilla, Jeylin and Hazal.
7573235_orig.jpg

This is the satin dwarf litter from Java x Tanya. I'm keeping the first one, selling the other 3 + parents.
2128715_orig.jpg

1642322_orig.jpg

899523_orig.jpg

3505605_orig.jpg

Jeylin
Chocolate harlequin VM. Satin carrier, single mane. Daughter of Tanya from previous litter.
684949_orig.jpg

Tosca
Satin false dwarf. Daughter of Nova. Carries lutino, rex and loffelohr.
9925040_orig.jpg

Venga
Chocolate dwarf. Possibly carries lutino/satin/rex. Not yet proven.
5022859_orig.jpg

Zeyna.
Chocolate dwarf. Possibly carries lutino/satin/rex. Not yet proven.
6787571_orig.jpg

Sorry for the long post :oops:

I'm open to any suggestion or idea's from you!

Where does Atilla's curly coat come from? Never seen or had any kind of LH get curls....Either way, very neat looking rabbit!

Don't get me wrong, Atilla is not a LH as in the breed. I mean he has the LH wool gene.
His wool is influenced by the satin gene and turned into curls. He has straight hair on his back but curls on his sides and head.

His mom has a normal satin coat with single mane. Dad is normaled coated satin carrier with double mane.
So basically, Atilla is a double maned satin because he got the mane and satin gene from both parents.
Breeders on the facebook page told me he was a LH when they saw his baby pictures.

Dad
foto-013.large.jpg

This is Atilla as a baby, he had the typical LH triangle. He was bald on his sides, the hair only grew on his back for 2 weeks.
wv1fnc.jpg

Back