Un-bonding?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeaTimeBunnies

Reaction score
I'm really unsure if this is were it should be, but I don't know were else it would be put. Anyway, so I have talked about my new lops a few times now. They are a bonded pair and I was wondering if them being bonded would cause my buck to refuse any other does I put with him, and same with my doe. Also I'm still struggling to get an idea of how to house them without any unplanned litters. So is it possible to un-bond them, and what problems could the process of un-bonding cause?

Are they together now? I had 2 young bonded pairs, (5 months) and they really did love each other. I just put thier cages next to each other, with only wire in between (I've never had rabbits breed through the wire) At first they layed together all day but by the 2nd or 3rd day they were over it. The bucks were always eager to breed any doe, one of the does definitely preferred "her" buck though.

They are about to be separated so that she can raise a litter of kits. I'm estimating they are about 7-71/2 month old. I'll admit that I was under prepared for BOTH of them, but hey free breeding pair. I only had the one quarantine hutch, and their previous didn't realize exactly how often rabbits will breed, and put them back together (they separated them for a few weeks because the doe had given birth without them knowing she was pregnant) together the day before bringing them to us

TeaTimeBunnies":pde3z6eq said:
They are about to be separated so that she can raise a litter of kits. I'm estimating they are about 7-71/2 month old. I'll admit that I was under prepared for BOTH of them, but hey free breeding pair. I only had the one quarantine hutch, and their previous didn't realize exactly how often rabbits will breed, and put them back together (they separated them for a few weeks because the doe had given birth without them knowing she was pregnant) together the day before bringing them to us
Likely they won't care much if you separate them, especially if they share a wire wall. The buck will probably breed any doe you put in with him. The doe may or may not refuse other bucks.

Latest posts

Back