Torts and stuff from 2 Agoutis, what have I got there?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preitler

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I thought my litters would get pretty boring, had a black buck and a black doe (Chantal), and her daughter, a broken agouti doe(Ruth). Only got black and agouti kits.
Chantal died last year, now it's 5yo Ruth (broken) and her 1yo daughter, a solid agouti. And I got a new agouti buck with unknown heritage, Hansi.

The doe, and Hansi:

Braune1.jpg
Hansi5.jpg

And there's the first litter of those two: 4 agouti, 2 black, 2 what I think are black torts?, one orang-y kit with no dark spots.

Braune Wurf1-1.jpg

So, is this tort, or dilute or whatever it is recessive, and both my does carry it (sire of the broken doe was a pale orange broken with maybe some darker shadings like a tort), and the previous, black buck, sire of the young doe, didn't? And the new buck does carry it, and that's why I got this surprises? Both carry black, right?

Braune Wurf1-2 Tort.jpgBraune Wurf1-3 Hellbraun.jpg

I hope the checkered doe did take, she's on day 31 and does look somewhat pregnant, but no nesting so far. Would be nice to get a broken orange doe to keep.

Latest posts

Back