Took the plunge and posted to CL!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
akane":1116jpzu said:
I would not connect paypal to facebook and when I have it connected to a bank account it is is a separate account that only has so much money on in it as needed. We did have paypal stolen once. The account though only had $300 because that was it's only purpose and I caught it the next day so paypal returned the money. They claimed the account was secure but I closed it and reopened one for each family member instead of us all sharing. My sister and stepdad are internet security leaks. Even with things connecting you can be smart about it and you can lie out your *** like I said with a fake fb account in some situations. Not everything has to connect to everything if you do it right and those things connected that are a security risk can be managed. It's free to open a checking account at most banks.

It's all connected to the yahoo mail address. Yeah I hate how yahoo decided to connect everything, and I've stopped using my hoobly account just for that reason. I don't know why everything wants to connect to FB, it's a security risk and eventually it's gonna fall. But it's how I connect and share info with other dog and rabbit breeders, and it's by far the best way for me to sell dogs and rabbits, and keep in touch with the people I sell to.

All in all, craiglist spam has been the worst, so I'm thinking of getting a second email for that.

MSD-- your photos, though acceptable to us, are fodder for AR Nutjobs. You are also in California, where it is kinda illegal to sell rabbits without the buyer coming directly onto your property-- are you comfortable with that?
Thy are nice looking rabbits-- I think Skysthelimit may suddenly have an upsurge in her Rabbit addiction symptoms...I sure did...

Frosted Rabbits":1i5t693o said:
MSD-- your photos, though acceptable to us, are fodder for AR Nutjobs.
I kind of have to agree. It looks crouded.
I also agree that people aren't going to read your blurb. :soap:

themangoavenger":23soixwf said:
Frosted Rabbits":23soixwf said:
MSD-- your photos, though acceptable to us, are fodder for AR Nutjobs.
I kind of have to agree. It looks crouded.
I also agree that people aren't going to read your blurb. :soap:

I was worried about it looking crowded- I took the pics when they were fed so they would all group together. Maybe I should have shown all of the open space around them... :hmm:

I'm not too worried about AR nut jobs here- we are in Kern County, which is very conservative. If I were in San Diego or San Fransisco, I'd be worried.

No responses to the ad so far, and I can't get it to edit!

Frosted Rabbits":23soixwf said:
You are also in California, where it is kinda illegal to sell rabbits without the buyer coming directly onto your property-- are you comfortable with that?
They are nice looking rabbits-- I think Skysthelimit may suddenly have an upsurge in her Rabbit addiction symptoms...I sure did...

Yes, we are okay with people coming here.

LOL, glad I could feed the Rabbitosis Aquireosis!

Well,,i thought your ad was good, the pictures are great,,,i want to see the rabbits as hey are,,,,,not rabbits sitting on a table for thier pic to be taken. The more pics the better.

I want to know more from the ad though,i would like to see a caption under each picture. I want know why that mom only has only two kits with her. I want to know how many was born in the litter.,,,,,if your selling a doe that you have been breeding , i want to know why.

and i think it should say meat first,,,a whole lot more people looking to raise meat rabbits now than ever before in our lives because of the economy.

also,, since im looking , but not ready to buy right now, i would like to know if selling rabbits is just something your doing now, or can i maybe contact you six months from now and you will still be selling rabbits.

Also, whats the deal on craigs list ,ads saying they will meet you somewhere with the rabbits? I want to see where the rabbits are living before i buy them. I want to see the living conditions an the other rabbits around them.

If i was going to meet someone somewhere with their rabbits ,that would mean that i have seen sufficient pics and have talked to the owners , and that it was my idea to maybe get them to meet me so that i didnt have to drive so far.

Also i have a question about rabbit transportation, 40 years ago when i went to the auction, making the hour trip hitching a ride in the back of someones truck that was going. Sometimes i was taking a rabbit to the auction, other times bringing one home. It rode in the back of the truck in a burlap bag. Is that still an acceptable means of transportation for a "meat rabbit".I do understand your show bunnys ride in a nice carrier.

The AR groups are forcing people to close their rabbitries to the public unless you come with enough reputation. Rabbits are being seized when their care is of normal level for a show/meat rabbitry by the pet crowd and the judges are ruling in their favor while national champions have been seized and neutered. Personally I don't meet people at my meat rabbit location. We own a condo and use my mom's farmland. I bring the rabbits back to the condo so the only thing seen and could be seized are what's in the condo and not my entire stock.

toastedoat37":2q24yle5 said:
Also, whats the deal on craigs list ,ads saying they will meet you somewhere with the rabbits? I want to see where the rabbits are living before i buy them. I want to see the living conditions an the other rabbits around them.

If i was going to meet someone somewhere with their rabbits ,that would mean that i have seen sufficient pics and have talked to the owners , and that it was my idea to maybe get them to meet me so that i didnt have to drive so far.

Also i have a question about rabbit transportation, 40 years ago when i went to the auction, making the hour trip hitching a ride in the back of someones truck that was going. Sometimes i was taking a rabbit to the auction, other times bringing one home. It rode in the back of the truck in a burlap bag. Is that still an acceptable means of transportation for a "meat rabbit".I do understand your show bunnys ride in a nice carrier.

I'd rather not have someone say no, then come to my house while I'm not home and take my rabbits. if people knew I had rabbits in this neighborhood, they'd be gone already, except for the dogs being here.

I must say this ad has seriously spoiled me searching for starter stock on CL. I've looked at 16 ads in the last week, and none of them come close to this in terms of good info., good pics, and good "feel." Have you gotten any good hits yet?

I'm very picky about when I read ads. Mamma, is someone I would feel good buying from. They are obviously well cared for, live in nice well lit & clean area, and you sound very knowledgeable(not that you aren't!) :) I think showing some posed rabbits in your photos would promote that you are breeding for show aswell.

And you might have to wait a while for buyers. I'm considering this the "off" season for selling because a bunch of people are on vacation and such.

Thanks, Peach!

I agree I should pose some, but I wanted to get an ad up before the weekend. Maybe I'll make multiple ads showcasing different rabbits.

I was hoping some of these could get homes instead of going you-know-where, but if not, that's okay. There will be plenty more that will get the chance later in the season.

I don't think you can have too many pics. They sell better than the text. With the price of groceries these days a lot of folks are thinking of meat rabbits so I think it was wise to mention that. You might try selling breeding trios (two does and a buck).

I have purchased a few rabbits off of craigslist and i will never go to someones home again. I did bring my boyfriend with me, so I wasn't alone and other people knew the address to the location I was going but it was an extremly weird, creepy, scary, and uncomfortable situation for me and my boyfriend. We laugh about it now but I will only meet people in public places, gas stations etc. from now on. The rabbit we obtained turned into an awesome one but never ever again.

toastedoat37":2e680ecp said:
These days there are too many AR nut jobs (and even jealous show competitors) out there posing as buyers, then either coming back later to "liberate" the rabbits or turning the breeder in for what we would all consider to be perfectly normal and acceptable animal husbandry practices (such as raising them in cages, or feeding once a day instead of 24/7).

Why would anyone in texas be concerned with AR people, in a texas you have the right to protect you and yours on your own property. What next?,Underground secret rabbit sales? Dont be afraid , stand up for your rights.<br /><br />__________ Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:31 am __________<br /><br />From talking to a lot of people , i see a lot of them are starting to raise rabbits for meat because they think times will get really hard.....WEll, News Flash, If times get hard, and you have food(rabbits), your gonna need to be able to protect it, or someone will take it away from you.

toastedoat37":d864k5cw said:
Why would anyone in texas be concerned with AR people, in a texas you have the right to protect you and yours on your own property. What next?,Underground secret rabbit sales? Dont be afraid , stand up for your rights.

__________ Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:31 am __________

From talking to a lot of people , i see a lot of them are starting to raise rabbits for meat because they think times will get really hard.....WEll, News Flash, If times get hard, and you have food(rabbits), your gonna need to be able to protect it, or someone will take it away from you.

but you have to be at home first. I for one, don't wish to give anyone any reason to come back to this house when I am not at home, and I keep regular work hours, so it's easy to predict when I'm not here. When it comes to dog sales, no one wants to tangle with the adults to get to the puppies, most of the time, but for rabbits, they are not housed with dog protection, which would be obvious to anyone who came to view them.

I have to say I am more concerned about getting illnesses from other breeders, than I am from pet people. It's the opposite with dogs. For them, I'm more concerned about pet people tracking in germs than breeders.

toastedoat37":2trczr7g said:
Why would anyone in texas be concerned with AR people, in a texas you have the right to protect you and yours on your own property.
1. As skysthelimit says, if you're not there when they come to "liberate" the rabbits, there's not a whole lot of "protection" you can do.

2. If they come to your place accompanied by armed deputies (who knows what lies they told in order to get them there), you're taking your life into your hands trying to "protect" what's yours.

What we have a RIGHT to do and what we are ABLE to do under the circumstances can be two very different things.

Latest posts

Back