Thumping

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my lionhead buck, Dobby, who I use for breeding. I have a lionhead doe, Lily, and 5 kits. I have a rescue Flemish cross buck, that was supposed to be a pet but is now a huge source of stress and frustration.

---

Well, someone is coming to look at him soon. It sounds like it would be a good home for him - they have a rex doe, and are hoping to breed a bit(I did warn them that large breed rabbits are harder to get rid of around here). Hopefully they take him, which will free up some cage space, and lower my stress levels a bit. He's not been thumping as bad since I put him in the bathroom, just a couple of thumps this morning when I was a bit slow on getting him his kibbles. He doesn't get as much interaction there, though, and he's a very social rabbit. Just not fair to him :(

Bad Habit":127ylv00 said:
I have my lionhead buck, Dobby, who I use for breeding. I have a lionhead doe, Lily, and 5 kits. I have a rescue Flemish cross buck, that was supposed to be a pet but is now a huge source of stress and frustration.

---

Well, someone is coming to look at him soon. It sounds like it would be a good home for him - they have a rex doe, and are hoping to breed a bit(I did warn them that large breed rabbits are harder to get rid of around here). Hopefully they take him, which will free up some cage space, and lower my stress levels a bit. He's not been thumping as bad since I put him in the bathroom, just a couple of thumps this morning when I was a bit slow on getting him his kibbles. He doesn't get as much interaction there, though, and he's a very social rabbit. Just not fair to him :(

Hoping this "someone" takes an interest in Riddle. Have to say my big bunny Fawkes LOVES and THRIVES on our touch. Very social bunny. He can't get enough of you. Those big bunnies, especially Flemish, have big hearts and love to be part of human's lives. Our Fawkes is still in that doofy, puppy stage. Demands attention all the time.

I give you credit on trying to find someone who can give him that much of their time. Wishing you luck.

Karen

Well, she took him. I made it very clear that if she had issues with him, to go ahead and bring him back. She spent quite some time here, talking about him and learning everything I could tell her. Seems like a good home for him, anyway. I'm sad that he's gone, and miss him already, but feel it was best for him in the long run.

Bad Habit":2dx41jnw said:
Well, she took him. I made it very clear that if she had issues with him, to go ahead and bring him back. She spent quite some time here, talking about him and learning everything I could tell her. Seems like a good home for him, anyway. I'm sad that he's gone, and miss him already, but feel it was best for him in the long run.

I know you are sad. Huge, compassion hearts do make you that way. But I truly think you did the right thing. So truly glad to hear that she asked all those questions and was really intent on making it work. Crossing my fingers for your sweet Riddle.

Karen

Back