Thought she had missed... but,

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeannie

Reaction score
... as I plopped my butt onto the couch yesterday to watch some Star Trek, I heard a squeak.
I thought " ohhh, spooky (the cat) caught a mouse!" I got up to check it out, but no mouse...

I went over to my doe's pen, the one with the empty nextbox. I was so anxious for her to have kits and was disappointed when the nextbox remained empty, even days after her due date.

That little stinker had made a nest behind the box! Since I knew I had heard a squeak, I double checked and found 5 kits. All big and healthy looking to be almost a week old! She tricked me and hid them from me!

Looks like I have 2 torts, 2 blues, and what looks to be a BEW ~~ I am so exited, as I have been working on my BEW program and this doe (the one in my avatar) is supposed to bring larger manes into my project.

Attachments

• thumper 1.jpg
    thumper 1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 387
Thanks all :)
She really hid them from me, lol .. I did look behind there daily, but she must have had them all covered up.
No fur pulled, so I had no clue they were tucked into the straw. There is a 3" base of straw in the whole pen, so she just played into that. The lil stinker.
I won't know for weeks how their manes will develop, but am hoping to have some keepers for my program!

Back