this is sad

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'Rare Earless Bunny'? Think we've all had one of those when either the mother 'overcleaned' or was deranged. Why was it in a spot where the cameraman could step on it? I also don't grasp why it would be a main attraction just because it was earless, as that was most likely from damage at birth or a birth defect. Unfortunate that the klutz stepped on it, but since it was a prey animal it could have died any number of ways. Could have ended up dying from complications arising from its birth defect, it looked really young, or succumbed to normal young rabbit maladies. I've seen some really funky birth defects in rabbits, earlessness is rather mild and not rare and not a big deal. Show me a two faced kit and I'll get excited. Geuss I'm a tad harsh, just seems like a poor choice for a main attraction for a zoo.

Sad, should've never happened..but not a rare rabbit. I'd like to know who was the 'smart' one to put a small animal down in an unfamiliar public place where who knows what could've been in contact with the poor lil one and could've gotten who knows what kind of illness, GI issue because of some thing he/she nibbled on or was fed, or parasite infection.

Back