The New Giant in the Barn...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaMandy

Reaction score
Well, after we got the new bunny barn all completed my husband commented that he didn't have a rabbit of his own. Now, I couldn't let that be, could I? :mrgreen: So, my oldest son and I bought him a Flemish doe! After all, Monty, our Flemish buck does need a girlfriend. ;) She is 7 weeks old and is quite sweet. My husband named her Mandolin. Seems as if Rabbitosis Aquirosis is contagious, and that's beneficial for me! LOL :lol:

On a side note...my 5 year old was convinced that Monty, a frosty Flemish Giant, was in fact a Frost Giant. He obviously has seen the movie Thor. LOL We've gotten a lot of laughs out of that one. :lol:

Attachments

• Phil&Mandolin.jpg
    Phil&Mandolin.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 125
Haha! Yeah, he really had to talk me into it! LOL

He was so sweet though when he was picking her out. He took a long time deciding between her and her sister. He ended up choosing the larger of the two based on her personality. The breeder told me her grandfather weighed 24 pounds! I was able to see her mother, and I don't know what she weighed but she was enormous! Our buck is on the small side...last time I weighed him he was only 12 pounds. Apparently he had been the runt, because I believe that his grandparents were in the 25 pound range. Monty is 14 months old now, and the breeder we got Mandolin from said that his Flemish take a full 18 months sometimes to reach full size. So maybe Monty will get a little bigger yet.

:lol: Well, now that you have succeeded in infecting your husband, you shouldn't have to worry at all about him asking you to downsize! :p

I see an even larger facility in the future!!! Love it when the whole family gets involved in an activity... it fosters the ties that help us all survive....

Latest posts

Back