Test breeding the bucks.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoAcreDream

Reaction score
So I been back with bunnies for a short time now.
Only have had 3 litters so far, and those were bred before they came here.

So yesterday, I decided maybe I better get a few does bred. I have 2 meat looking mutt does that I don't care which buck I use on them, just want to get them pregnant.
So the white doe, I put her in with the mini rex buck. He is the dad to the rex daughters I have here from the summer 2 litters. He got down to business and did the job 2x. The brown doe I put her in with the young broken mini lop buck and he did the job 3x.
This morning, I thought maybe I better put those 2 does back in with the bucks again. The white doe, the rex did the job 1x and I put her back in her cage. The brown doe I put back in with the mini lop and he could not get anywhere with her. She grumped and growled and would not lift.
So I figured maybe she took yesterday and was not going to want to play anymore. So the young broken color meat buck out back, I decided to put the brown doe in with him. He sure tried, but she was not happy. Grumped and growled some more. He got no where. I think this was his first try at breeding and he gave it his best. She was not willing.
Then I put her in with the californian buck and he is way too young. He acted real interested. Did not know what to do, but he sure was thinking about it. So I see big potential with him.
Only had the brown doe in for a few minutes with each buck. Mainly to see what the bucks would do. So on the way back to the brown doe's cage, I decided to put her in with the Rex. He was able to do the deed with her. So maybe because he was the experienced buck, or she just liked him best, I don't know. But both does were bred 2 days in a row, so I am thinking they both will be having babies.
I am pleased with the bucks I have here. They all have good personalities to work with. And they seem to know what to do with the does. Win win :)

When I start the spring breeding, I will be using the same breed of buck with the same breed doe. I only will do a mix with the mutt does. Today was just an experiment test.

Latest posts

Back