Taylorsville, NC night show this weekend

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lastfling

Reaction score
Anybody going to the Taylorsville, NC show this weekend? It's a double show beginning at 7pm except for ND which begin at 6. Hope I can stay awake!:lol:<br /><br />__________ Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:21 pm __________<br /><br />

No I will not. I am trying to limit my shows to 500 miles unless it is a national breed show or an ARBA Convention. Good luck thou...let us know..with pics. :ugeek:

I thought about it but my first time doe is due that day and i wanted to be home in case something went wrong.

Well back from the show.

When I loaded I put the rabbits in their carriers and brought the to the basement to wait until I'd showered and changed. With the humidity, I was sopping wet after toting eight rabbits - 4 per carrier - 2 trips uphill to the rabbits and back down to the house - about a 80 yard round trip.

Let me start by saying I show for the enjoyment all the other stuff is a bonus. Several friends who also raise Tans were at the show and between us we had 20 Tans being shown. I had brought two Jrs that they had expressed an interest in. I entered 3 (the two mentioned above plus one other)and had told the other folks that I was showing them in both shows. As we had plenty of time before the show, I let them look at the rabbits and we struck a deal, with the understanding that they could have them after the shows. Long story short. The Black Jr Doe who has now gone home to eastern VA won BOB in both the A&B show. The Blue Jr Buck who's now gone to Northwestern Va won Best Opposite Sex Breed in both shows. You could have hit me with a stick. Ha. As I told both buyers, well, that says something for the quality. I was asked if I regretted letting them go, and I honestly said I wasn't, I couldn't have been happier. The other Jr Chocolate Doe, turned into a Buck with a split P and was DQ'd. Now I know why I was having such a problem sexing her/him and had changed my mind several times since he was born. My other seniors showed respectably, but couldn't complete with the jrs.

I pulled in the driveway at home at 2:30am and by the time I hit the sack it was closer to 3:15 and I was one tired puppy. There were a lot of people at the "A" show, not as many at the B.

Lots of Netherland, Mini-Rex, Lops, Flemish and assorted other breeds. I counted approx 18 in the B Best of Show. There were more I believe in the A, but I didn't count. A Florida White won BOS in A, and a Netherland Dwarf in B.

The Greater Appalachian Alliance is to be commended for putting on a nice show.

Nice! My friend/breeder who has my English angora bucks full sister won best of breed. She was so happy. i wish i could have gone.

Latest posts

Back