Surprise this morning in the driveway

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAA

Reaction score
My neighbour called this morning to say that a white rabbit was loose on our driveway in town. My wife and I ran outside quickly thinking that someone had broken into our garage during the night and let our NZW's out but that wasn't the case. There sat a REW mini rex.

I opened the garage door and walked inside to find something to help me catch this little rabbit. I turned around to find that the rabbit had followed me inside and was sitting at my feet. I reached down picked it up and put it in an empty cage, followed by food and water.

Now we wonder where it came from as no one we know of on our block has pet rabbits. I guess we'll wait and see if an owner turns up. If not it's more than welcome here.

My friends had a NZW wander up in their garage shortly after they moved into their house. They never found an owner so they adopted it.

So weird to find a random rabbit in your driveway!

Do people in the area know you have rabbits? Maybe somebody left you an unwanted easter bunny and didn't have the nerve to ask if you'd take it.

SyP":2ve8rviu said:
I'm thinking he's a buck, us guys have a way of making the rounds. :kissy:

Sitting around, waiting for someone to come and get you for dinner...yep, a buck for sure.

Methinks he needs a lovely little mini Rex bride.

Don't forget to post pics of the pair when you get her! :twisted:

LOL, how random! :) Sad to say but I think a lot of people who buy rabbits as pets get bored and let them loose to be "wild," so it's good for that little fella that he found you! :)

He's all settled in now. He's eating as he should, comes to the front of the cage when we are around and he's figured out the water system.

Latest posts

Back