Suprise litter - Questions/pictures

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
STILL no babies?! She is drinking now, although she refuses to drink out of her bottle.. I have to give it to her in a bowl. And I can't leave the bowl in the cage because she turns it over.. lol She's also quit working on her nest.. and while sunday and monday she was careful not to poop in it, she's not being careful anymore? She's barely eaten anything in the past 3 days.

foreversunnie":1q8pc4lv said:
She's also quit working on her nest

My does often take breaks of a day or more when nest building.

foreversunnie":1q8pc4lv said:
She's barely eaten anything in the past 3 days.

Is she possibly eating the hay provided for nesting? How does her backbone feel? If it is spiky, she is underweight, but if it feels like gently rounded bumps she is okay.

Hmmm hard for me to tell.. I can definitely feel each bump...and they are tiny.. I can feel her ribs too. She's super lovey though, runs to me every time I'm near the cage and wants to be petted. lol

foreversunnie":1mh0e4wu said:
Hmmm hard for me to tell.. I can definitely feel each bump...and they are tiny.. I can feel her ribs too.

You should be able to feel all of that, otherwise she would be overweight. Try comparing her condition to your other rabbits, and see if her bones are protruding more than theirs.

Good idea. Yeah she feels about the same as my lop, and he's eating. I did put two carrots in this morning for her and she ate one.. Have I mentioned the suspense is killing me?? Thanks for being here to answer all my ramblings! lol

Like waiting for water to boil:) <br /><br /> -- Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:33 pm -- <br /><br /> Are you having any better luck? Still just the one baby? I am worried about my young first timer too....hope things have started to look up for you!

I would expect tonight if it was one of my rabbits but people have had them go as long as day 40. Usually the results are not as good if they go that long.

Back