Sulmet, Corid or both??

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Treating for coccidiosis, trying to decide the best method to treat. Should I treat with sulmet(2tbsp per 1g of water, 5 days on, 3 off, 5 on), or Corid? And if treating with Corid, is it better to do oral administration(1/4 cc per 3.75lbs of rabbit) or water diluted(5cc per 1g of water). <br /><br /> -- Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:02 pm -- <br /><br /> Decided to go with corid, administering it orally. Figure the worst that will happen is some losses, but at the rate I am losing kits, it really doesn't matter anymore.

Coccidiosis is fast and deadly, but- if caught early [before a lot of damage is done to the system] it is easily reversed, - JMHO, -if you have cocci in any rabbit treat everyone... if you have a auto-watering system with a float valve and tank, , that makes it easy.

michaels4gardens":1khoqj3j said:
Coccidiosis is fast and deadly, but- if caught early [before a lot of damage is done to the system] it is easily reversed, - JMHO, -if you have cocci in any rabbit treat everyone... if you have a auto-watering system with a float valve and tank, , that makes it easy.

Okay, but my question was to if Sulmet or Corid was a better treatment, and if Corid, is it better to give it orally or in water.

As stated, I decided to do treat with Corid, with an oral administration. I don't know what is killing my jrs, but I figure this will at least eliminate the possibility.

Bad Habit":3u5slu8n said:
michaels4gardens":3u5slu8n said:

Okay, but my question was to if Sulmet or Corid was a better treatment, and if Corid, is it better to give it orally or in water.

As stated, I decided to do treat with Corid, with an oral administration. I don't know what is killing my jrs, but I figure this will at least eliminate the possibility.

I like Corid better, and I like to add it to the water, [but if a rabbit is very sick, and I wonder if it is drinking or not, I will dose it orally, ]

Back