Sudden Cloudy Eyes & Sludgy Urine

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Heart

Reaction score
Per my post in e-cuniculi-and-earmites-t27195.html#p290170 I assumed my recently acquired buck had E. cuniculi. It turned out his head tilt was entirely the ear mites and nothing else so he has been perfectly coordinated after they died off. He has still been treated to be safe for 10 days now (I put it in his water and clean out his water daily). I did notice a second "issue" though. His urine is very sludgy, you can smell it a yard away and it's so brown I thought it was diarrhea the first time I saw it (he peed on me :sick: ). I don't think I can add vinegar to his water while treating him for E. Cuniculi and I'm worried it may even be a side effect from the SafeGuard liquid goat wormer? Is this a symptom that indicates something else? His eyes look exactly like if he had very light cataracts, it is just a very very light film over both eyes, it does not look like the pictures of E. Cunni at all. Could it be age? He's a 2yr old REW. <br /><br /> -- Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:16 pm -- <br /><br /> anyone? :C This buck was supposed to help me get my herd finally off its butt (he was a proven buck just from a situation where the farmer had well over a hundred head which was all well and good until he had no funds or health to keep going and had to be forced to give it up by family, there's nothing really wrong with these rabbits other than short-term neglect).

I have a doe with weird colored urine. We do routine ACV and she's not exposed to anything that would be comsidered a risk. But I have no idea why it's like that. It's kind of creamy looking.....so I don't hVe advice but I'm following....

I do not have a clue as to what is causing it or how to help the situation. From what you describe, I'm not even sure if there really is a situation. :lol:
For your sake, I hope there isn't, and it's like you said, just age and a little medicinal side effect.

Is his medicine being put in his water bottle and is that why you do not feel confident adding vinegar too?
Would the eye film show up on camera?

Zass":itxp2xio said:
I do not have a clue as to what is causing it or how to help the situation. From what you describe, I'm not even sure if there really is a situation. :lol:
For your sake, I hope there isn't, and it's like you said, just age and a little medicinal side effect.

Is his medicine being put in his water bottle and is that why you do not feel confident adding vinegar too?
Would the eye film show up on camera?

Yep, that is exactly why I'm concerned with putting it in the water, the Safeguard is already being put in it and shouldn't be stopped until about 1/8/16 IF there's a chance this has anything to do with e.c (I'm starting to think he doesn't and never had it). Either way, I don't think I should ignore the pee for that long? It isn't "sludgy" as MMom described; it is more brownish, seems thickish/sticky for pee, and it is extremely smelly Sort of like dehydration would present in other animals, but his water still lasts him *just* until his next refill and he was on an automatic watering system line at his previous home. There's no reason that would be the cause.

I just tried to take pictures... if there's even a lil light shined on him/a flash his eyes are reflective just like everyone else so I can't get a picture of the eyes. The best way I can put it is they look just slightly lighter than the does' eyes. His eyes WERE the same color when I loaded him but the next day suddenly both eyes were a shade lighter. It is like if you took a NZW eye and put a toad/frogs third eyelid over it. It's paler but only slightly and still seems like a normal eyeball otherwise.

Latest posts

Back