Still not moved out :/ *Pics Added*

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelbers91

Reaction score
Well just updating my life weee

So some of you know I've been wanting rabbits forever and have been planning on moving out with my boyfriend of 2yrs 4months. I ended up a little while back getting a cut in hours from 29-30hrs to 16-18.5 at work :? Luckily my boyfriend decide to take a 2nd job however he had to cut this semester to do so but he's working his butt off for us mon-fri 8-12 hours min a day outside in this freezing cold weather here in PA. Plus sometimes after that job if he works from 6-4 he will work 5:30-9:30 at his other job. I'm very thankful he is growing up and being mature about the situation! :)

Also back on October 25th I got in a beautiful primrose pied cockatiel that had some digestive issues from former owners poor feeding care. Poor thing was pooping whole millet cuz it was fed wild bird food... :shock: but after a week with me and good diet poops were normal! :D healthy happy 19-20yr old teil. However.... My parents stopped caring and started smoking in the house and that caused the death of my smallest, Willie my sky blue dominant pied budgie. :cry: I got a necropsy and made 2 vets look at him hoping it wasn't smoke.. Soooo I'm wanting to move out ASAP more then ever because it's bad for the birds and myself with my athsma. Granted I even got a big air purifier for the main house and a small one for the bird room and it still doesn't prevent the smoke. Ugh..

Positive note things are really working out well with training this older teil. High hopes for it. And it's getting along well with my young English budgie.

Other then that at school for another semester which is going well so far with good grades. Have to talk to some high up people though because the college needs to offer me the classes they said they would for me to get my bio degree, which they aren't which is really annoying.

Also found the first Rex I want. All the way in Denmark of course.. But maybe when I am ready an aquaintence from Finland who travels to around my area can pick them up on his way since the breeder does courier. As much as I hate shipping animals the Gepard is beautiful! Like a tri colored tuxido standard Rex. :p If anyone breeds standard rex like this feel free to let me know because I am interested :) Thanks!

Hope everyone and every bunny is well! Have a great day/evening/night! (Depending on your location and time lol)

Attachments

• Willie RIP.jpg
    Willie RIP.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 370
  • Buster Fluff Bucket.jpg
    Buster Fluff Bucket.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 370
  • Freddie Derp.jpg
    Freddie Derp.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 370
  • Gepard Rex.jpg
    Gepard Rex.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 370
I am so sorry you lost your little guy...:( I hope things get better on your end and that you are able to get your own place soon. Gepard is lovely, but he is very heavily marked...I think he would be DQ for showing here in the US. It might not be worth the expense to get him here. There are breeders in the US that have Tri colored Rex. Have you looked around to see if you can find any?

It is ok. I put it under circumstances i can not control.. I have tried to get them to stop smoking in the house but they dont listen and blame each other 0.o

I have sort of looked. do they have tri in standard? I'm not always great with the internet lol They are working on making the markings like that and having white chest and boots. It is suppositly standardized in denmark and some other eauropean countries and they are working on getting it standardised in the UK.They call it Gepard because it is danish for cheetah and it is very beautiful. But if things dont work out I would be happy with a black and broken black pair and a pair of white. REW or BEW is good though i think BEW are a lot harder to find, I would prefer BEW over REW.

Shelbers91":xorz1ij0 said:
It is ok. I put it under circumstances i can not control.. I have tried to get them to stop smoking in the house but they dont listen and blame each other 0.o

I have sort of looked. do they have tri in standard? I'm not always great with the internet lol They are working on making the markings like that and having white chest and boots. It is suppositly standardized in denmark and some other eauropean countries and they are working on getting it standardised in the UK.They call it Gepard because it is danish for cheetah and it is very beautiful. But if things dont work out I would be happy with a black and broken black pair and a pair of white. REW or BEW is good though i think BEW are a lot harder to find, I would prefer BEW over REW.

Booted are DQ here in the States.....but he *is* lovely. I like that he is so heavily marked. I know of one breeder personally that has Tris in Rex. She is moving to Texas from Idaho soon and I cannot wait! Where are you located? Tri is basically Broken Japanese Harlequin....so if you can find a Jap Harle Rex and a Broken Rex, you will likely be able to produce your own Tris...

I am in PA (Pennsylvania). If i was moved out when I wanted to be I would have gotten some nice black from a breeder who goes to the Big Butler Fair. That's the best place for me to meet breeders that are a little farther away if they show at the fair. Last year was horrible though it was almost 100 degrees ALL week long and the poor buns.. that breederr was glad she didnt bring hers. People were going through water like crazy then the watersupply was out and people had to withdraw and everything.. First year for that issue in years. Hope it is wayyyy cooler this year!

Also I have never shown a rabbit before. I read through the fairs doccuments about it because I was going to show a broken black but i couldnt understand it. I use the pencil meathod if that is a good meathod to tell for show rabbits?

Your right though it would be best to have showable rabbits because ehh pet market isnt my favorite.. Meat is good though (in my opinion)

Shelbers91":3g7cd0i8 said:
I am in PA (Pennsylvania). If i was moved out when I wanted to be I would have gotten some nice black from a breeder who goes to the Big Butler Fair. That's the best place for me to meet breeders that are a little farther away if they show at the fair. Last year was horrible though it was almost 100 degrees ALL week long and the poor buns.. that breederr was glad she didnt bring hers. People were going through water like crazy then the watersupply was out and people had to withdraw and everything.. First year for that issue in years. Hope it is wayyyy cooler this year!

You know Nationals is in PA this year, right? :) That would be the place to find what you want...

OneAcreFarm":1u1d2m7t said:
Shelbers91":1u1d2m7t said:

You know Nationals is in PA this year, right? :) That would be the place to find what you want...

Where do they show in PA? I can't really go far yet anyways. Usually only 1 far trip per year and 2012 was parrot palooza in NJ lol fun fun fun it was!

OneAcreFarm":27pm5tbc said:
Frosted Rabbits":27pm5tbc said:
OneAcreFarm":27pm5tbc said:

DANG!!! A distance away, but when are the dates? SKYsTheLimit-- maybe I can rent a car, and snag us some more bunnies!!!

Check the link, it's in October....

Ooo maybe it's around the same time as parrot Palooza and we can make 5-7 days out of it! Parrot Palooza is in NJ but just at the PA NJ border :)

Yes, people do have tri color standard Rex. My herd carries the harliquin gene, but I don't have the non extension, so I have not been able to get any Tris. He would be a DQ in the US, because he pretty much is booted, not enough white. Also there are no BEW in Standard Rex. There is someone in Lima, Ohio that has tri color Rex, an another person, http://mysite.verizon.net/res14yqyl/index.html that is always at the Pa shows, and she had tri color. Contact the Mason Dixon club.

As for Nationals, I am shelling out half of my paycheck to get my can running, it should be road worthy again by then. I plan to drive down there Saturday morning, till the end. I am going to start looking for lodging real soon, as soon as I know what my Rex breeders plans are, and whether or not I will have a job next school year. Now that I've got some pregnant does, I should have some show worthy animals.

skysthelimit":xgby9dow said:
Yes, people do have tri color standard Rex. My herd carries the harliquin gene, but I don't have the non extension, so I have not been able to get any Tris. He would be a DQ in the US, because he pretty much is booted, not enough white. Also there are no BEW in Standard Rex. There is someone in Lima, Ohio that has tri color Rex, an another person, http://mysite.verizon.net/res14yqyl/index.html that is always at the Pa shows, and she had tri color. Contact the Mason Dixon club.

As for Nationals, I am shelling out half of my paycheck to get my can running, it should be road worthy again by then. I plan to drive down there Saturday morning, till the end. I am going to start looking for lodging real soon, as soon as I know what my Rex breeders plans are, and whether or not I will have a job next school year. Now that I've got some pregnant does, I should have some show worthy animals.

Thanks :) I looked at the link though no bunny really caught my eye. Not sure why. Maybe she will have more later so I may email her later. Hope you have good luck with your kits! And that your car is ok :)

Shelbers91":zxhj7npu said:
jessie15273":zxhj7npu said:
You better watch out if you go to Nationals to find some tri rex, I may have bought them all!

In case you do.. Where are you from? Lol

Jessie, I thought you did mini Rex :)

Latest posts

Back