Standard Rex!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessie15273

Reaction score
I found a Standard rex buck on The NJ livestock page, and said I would think about it, but then he offered to sell me a doe too! The buck is a nicely marked broken blue, and the doe is a solid black. I am hoping to breed blues, as that is my second favorite color and I have my favorite color already in mini rex. I then went on craigslist where someone was selling a rex doe for 5$. I
havent seen her, but hey the price fits, and they are only like 5 minutes away, so I am going to look at and maybe buy her!

I always wanted rex again, but had to settle for mini rex when i couldnt find them. Eeek Im so excited :mbounce:

Oh yeah-- I thought AmChins were hard enough to find-- I had given up on Standard Rex until SkysTheLimit came along!!!

She is going through a bad moult now. When I picked her up she was shedding a bit but now it looks bad. But she seems healthy, despite being very "sound shy" Shes got the radio newscast playing for her quietly to get her used to it.

Such a pretty face!

Quarantine cage!

Pretty girl! :D

Nice quarantine cage, too. Giving her a box to hide in was a great idea! She can snuggle in there while she gets used to the noises at your place. :)

:congratulations:

I can't wait to see the next two. :popcorn:

Oh, my, even with the molt, she is beautiful!!

So, where are the photos of the others??????????????

He had to do something with his family, even called to apologize. I'm getting the buck and another doe from him. So I'll have a pair from one breeder and another doe from another.

There will be pictures of them tomorrow evening

Oh wow! She's nice! I've never seen a chocolate one before. Very pretty! :) Can't wait to see the others! :D

When I had seen the post on the FB page, it said he had a "Broken Gray Rex" I asked him if it was a mini rex or standard and he said standard, and I went on my way seeing as I was looking for a mini rex at the time. I then found the Chocolate rex and send him a pm. he messaged me back that he weighed around 8lbs, I still thought that was bit small, but that was the best I could do. He then said he had a black doe too, and I said I would get him and think about getting her.

I get there and he brings out both the rabbits in one cage. Oh Joy. I look at the black doe, and she cant be more than 3 1/2 lbs. As a matter of fact she was a beautiful mini rex with great depth to her! I told him that She was a mini rex, and then I looked at the buck. He was the dang fattest MINI rex buck I have ever seen!

I asked him how long they had been with each other He said about 4 weeks now... and she felt pregnant. He had just started with rabbits and they werent having babies so he was getting rid of them. He only had the doe for almost 4 weeks...

...but I am weak, after all my search did start with looking for a broken mini rex buck. I ended up with both of them. They now have there own cages and I gave the doe a nestbox.

Fatty, He has a HUUUUGE Dewlap. He still had the energy to go after that doe though!
FFE49C32-3719-44B0-B372-4F42655DCC0E-323-000000291E9DDEFD_zps74880c8b.jpg
[/URL]

Doe, in nice condition, and very sweet
988BD455-5BE3-464F-887A-6C80B64861EF-323-000000297F3FA774_zpsdb747631.jpg
[/URL]

Quarantine Area, with Excercise are that the buck will be spending my hours in

BB924006-DB1C-4924-A7CF-5322B344B911-323-0000002900BFEB71_zps689cbe2d.jpg

Pretty Chocolate Rex!

They are pretty rabbits and I'm glad they're with you now.
Hope she does ok, poor thing. Amazing they didn't fight! :popcorn:

AmysMacdog":g7yyu0u4 said:
They are pretty rabbits and I'm glad they're with you now.
Hope she does ok, poor thing. Amazing they didn't fight! :popcorn:

The girl is absolutely beautiful but sadly her hips are a bit pinched, I think I will keep her though. The buck looks pretty nice, Im gonna go weigh him now. For his frame, He probably shouldnt weigh more than 4lbs...

Latest posts

Back