Springfield, Mo

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

man-alive

Reaction score
Has anyone ever been to the ARBA rabbit show in Springfield, Mo? I've never been, never even knew they had one. I'm gonna try and go, but I just kinda wanted to see if anyone had personal experience.

man-alive":3afkxuga said:
Has anyone ever been to the ARBA rabbit show in Springfield, Mo? I've never been, never even knew they had one.

That makes 2 of us.

Two questions:

1-When?
2-Where?

Its at the Ozark Empire Fair Springfield, Mo, July 28th. Hopefully thats enough time for me to fit it in my schedual :)

So it's a Fair show. That explains it. There are fairs practically everywhere during that time of year.

Really? I'm new to Missouri (3 years) and relatively new to raising rabbits. I only saw the one in Springfield. The rest are in Sedalia (ARBA that is) and thats 4 hours away from me.

man-alive":1pazo9sv said:
Really? I'm new to Missouri (3 years) and relatively new to raising rabbits. I only saw the one in Springfield. The rest are in Sedalia (ARBA that is) and thats 4 hours away from me.

There was a show just 3 weeks ago in Carthage. There was also a show near the end of February in Anderson. Both of those venues are reasonably close to the Springfield area, and both were put on by a local club known as the SW Missouri Hare Raisers. It's listed on the ARBA website under local all-breed clubs in the Member Services column.

Also, with fairs, many local fair shows are not sanctioned because their exhibitors are limited to a general area by the rules and by-laws of their sponsoring organizations and boards (county fairs are especially limited in much of the country because of this).

Most of the local club shows in MO are held in the spring. Why that's the case is anyone's guess, but between February and the end of May, there are several opportunities to attend shows in the state. Contrast that with what he have in Arkansas (which is basically nothing at this time), and you can see why I go to shows up there (including the ones in Sedalia, which is a whopping 7 hours each way for me). ;)

Here is the fair's website rules page: http://www.ozarkempirefair.com/assets/p ... -Rules.pdf

Looks like it is a pretty neat fair, at least judging from the fair's website anyway. If you're intent on entering anything in it, be mindful of and abide by the entry deadlines. It looks like the fair association/board is pretty strict about enforcing those deadlines, but at $1.25 per rabbit, it's still not a bad setback for entry fees.

I'm not going to enter anything... Just checking out the local rabbit scene and hopefully pick up some new breed stock. I plan on opeing a small rabbitry. I want to breed mostly NZR's and Cali's. And hopefully within the next year track down some American's. I breed meat stock for the family but its only Mutt stuff, not that there is anything wrong with that. But I want to be able to sell to people that want to show rabbits, breed there own for meat and such. NZR's are pretty attractive rabbits so people would might buy them for pets also, yet at the same time still be a good meat rabbit. Same with the California's.

Your best hopes of finding any Americans would be going to Wichita, KS the last week of October for the ARBA convention. Finding them otherwise is going to be a hard ticket because they're a rare breed to begin with.

Latest posts

Back