Spoiled for choice

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3mina

Reaction score
I had a little extra time last night so I sorted through my youngsters deciding on the freezer campers and the keeper/sale bunns. I could wish a couple more colours were accepted since the very nicest buck in my tri/red litter is a broken black tort. At 11 weeks he's * * that close to six pounds. Fortunately, the keeper kits in the litter are all between 4 1/2 & 5 pounds. This litter was 15, with 2 losses and 3 fostered.

I have a very exciting black otter litter the same age too. The largest is, again, almost six pounds with the smallest of the keepers being a bit over 4 1/2 pounds. This litter has given me 4 or 5 keepers, pretty impressive since this was a litter of 12 with only 2 losses. The best part is this doe is the dam of the red girl and there's a possibility she carries ej. I'll be breeding her to my new harle buck in the spring, and we'll see what happens.

I'm very happy to see my youngsters holding up under the new structure evaluation method I learned recently too, even if they are kinda freaked out by it. That can be directly attributed to the fact I haven't handled them much in the last 6-7 weeks, they get tons of petting but not a lot of picking up.

Pose the toes under the eye as usual then stretch the bunn out like a Himalayan. Shows shoulder structure and depth.

Back