sooooo....who here has the most rabbits? lol

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
currituckbun":1j1vi8dt said:
So buns in the oven don't count. :mrgreen:

A Wabbit Wisewoman once told me to never count your popples before they pop!

I don't know why I assumed most here had a lot of rabbits. It's interesting to find the actual counts. I have:

1 working buck
1 working doe
5 kits at 13 weeks (keeping 2 as replacements, the other 3 are overdue to be dinner)
6 kits at 6 weeks
3 kits in the nest

For a grand total of 16. All Californians. Everyone is in a colony except the buck, who is stuck alone till the replacement does grow up. I just got the buns last spring, and have had the colony set up since September. So I'm still figuring out what works.

Peach! We're tied at first! :hooray: Let us bask in our glory until CattleCait posts! :beer2: She must have more...<br /><br />__________ Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:00 pm __________<br /><br />Mine are in cages, but I have one exercise pen set up so far and want more play areas... we are working on that, though. :)

Peach":3rxb0ej4 said:
Wow! What setup do you have your rabbits sky?

And that's really cool Maggie. How do you keep up with which baby belongs to which doe? Easy to tell who daddy is,but do you find ,if you've ever had to, fostering easier in a colony setting? How do you introduce outside rabbits into your herd, or are they all related so fights don't break out often if ever?

They are in cages, I have a 12X 17 room in my barn. Juniors are in 24x24 cages, does with litters are in 24x36 cages. A little small, but they don't spend the whole day with the litter. Everything is one tier, in the spring, when I figure out manure collection, I'll make them two leveled.

OOPS... Peach, I mistook your next to last post... you only have 8 or 5 depending.

:twisted: The glory is all mine, then! Mwa-ha-ha-ha-hah!!! I bask alone! :twisted:

Duman'sArk probably has me beat along with Cait...

I thought everyone was overrun with rabbits, too. Obviously, we have fallen rather flat in the "Enabling Department". We will have to strive harder! :p Go forth, my friends, buy bunnies, and let them be fruitful!

Peach":1sqt2frh said:
Does everyone with a ton of buns do the colony set up or does anyone keep them in soley a cage set up?

Thanks for that interesting information Maggie :D

This will be interesting to know. I think those of us that show pretty much have to keep them in cages to keep pedigrees. Colonies would be interesting, but I think my dogs would stop that idea really quickly.

skysthelimit":2pb9supl said:
Colonies would be interesting, but I think my dogs would stop that idea really quickly.
Their very own all-you-can-eat buffet!

Mama you are priceless lol Must finish building cages! Need more buns to feed the addiction. Praying to find some great quality in February :DDDDD ( I wish I could find someone with experience and a good eye that is going so to teach me the ropes and help me select. Kinda sad that I bought a doe that wasn't even close to what I needed)

2 Sr Bucks
2 Jr Bucks
4 does with litters
33 kits in those litters
2 Jr does not bred
4 does due to kindle next week
3 does just bred
27 kits in grow out cages
77 rabbits ALL REX
24 that just went to FC last week

I have plenty of buns for my addiction.
NOT going to any rabbit 12-step programs.
Cage building and manure raking is MY therapy.

__________ Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:29 pm __________

Peach, my husband is flying to Atlanta tomorrow. Should I have him bring you a pair of beautiful REX rabbits in his carry on?

I have...
2 SR mini rex does
1 SR mini rex buck
1 jr mini rex buck
2 mini rex popples
1 jr flemish giant

Caroline sweeps the trophy with 77! Mamasheepdog in distant 2nd with 50.

The Standard Rex are still rulers of the realm!

oh and I thought I was the crazy rabbit lady! I have:
1 californian doe with 3 cali/flemish kits.
1 Flemish doe with 9 purebred kits
1 champagne d' argent doe with 6 champagne/chinchilla kits
1 satin/nz doe with 9 kits from the same chinchilla buck
1 flemish buck
7 junior does from my cali doe and flemish buck
2 junior bucks from the same cross
2 nz cross junior does
1 floppy lop eared mixed junior doe
1 satin/nz 3 month old that was supposed to be my new meat herd buck eventually. but I think he's a she.
AND
I have a Rex buck ordered, and a NZ buck that someone wants to give me.

I don't have the most, but do I have the most variety? hahaha

MamaSheepdog":2ntlkjyi said:
OOPS... Peach, I mistook your next to last post... you only have 8 or 5 depending.

:twisted: The glory is all mine, then! Mwa-ha-ha-ha-hah!!! I bask alone! :twisted:

Duman'sArk probably has me beat along with Cait...

I thought everyone was overrun with rabbits, too. Obviously, we have fallen rather flat in the "Enabling Department". We will have to strive harder! :p Go forth, my friends, buy bunnies, and let them be fruitful!
Oh you are mad with Rabbitosis. Never mind ....Really77 wow that is a lot of bunny poop. Glad I am not the winner.:)

Latest posts

Back