Something Bad is About to Happen...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alforddm

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Of course I don't know this for sure and there have been doomsayers for as long as there have been people.

But it's like an itch I can't scratch. A little voice in the back of my head that keeps telling me. "You're not ready...You'd better get ready..."

It would be nice if the little voice would tell me what I'm supposed to be preparing for... :x :lol:

Some people are very certain that an economic crash is looming, I believe this as well...stock up on food..some say another terror attack,also a possibility...Make sure you have ammo and food.There is also a group that believe multiple natural disasters are on the horizon....food,ammo,medical supplies. It is hard to say just what is going on but you are not alone in your feeling.With our leaders cuddling up to our enemies we could be in for W.W.III... :x
As for me and my house we have chosen to put our faith in Jesus. Our ammo is dry, and our pantry is being filled. Just in case he waits a little while longer. :)

I agree with Katiebear!! And have been trying to do the same thing lately. One of the reasons I started raising bunnies. I'm not really sure about all the disasters, but the other 2 reasons are very likely. Unfortunately, the disasters wont happen until right before Jesus does come back.

the disasters won't happen until right before Jesus does come back.
Not necessarily. God has allowed the rise and fall of many nations, famine, drought, plague... It could be something as large as a currency collapse or something more regional such as an earthquake in the Pacific Northwest (which would still have a huge impact).

I guess even if nothing happens living a more sustainable lifestyle is always better.

What I meant to say was the disasters will become more frequent, but all occur at one time until right before. I knew what I meant, but reading it back, it didn't come across that way, oops.

I hate those eerie feelings! I, too, feel like we need to be doing more, but I don't know what :shock: . I can't say that we are ill prepared, but we definitely have a LONG way to go compared to where I want to be. I was raised very much a "city girl" and am slowly gathering the skills needed, but still rely heavily on other people for their goods and information. We live in the country, and are surrounded by family, I think we would have everything we would need if everyone worked together... my current goal is to have something that I can use to barter with as I work towards figuring everything else out. Rabbits and quail aren't too common in our area so that's my main area of focus right now. I have the seeds for a full "survival garden", but still haven't gotten into the swing of things when it comes to growing vegetation.

I try not to think too terribly hard about the "what ifs" because it could really get my anxiety going, but I do try to think realistically. DH wants to invest more and more for retirement (we are in our early 30's) but I have that nagging feeling that it shouldn't be a huge priority compared to other things (we still have some being put away with each paycheck, but not the percentage DH would prefer). I don't know... can't quite verbalize what I feel at this point.

I'm still trying to get my family on board with the whole thing. They all seem to be worried about now, instead of later, which I don't really agree with.

I have tons of seeds, but never really had luck growing them, due to lack of time. I had a modest garden this year, and did grow some from seeds, but mostly bought plants to start.

Heritage, I know tons of people investing in silver now. I believe some said you could buy dimes for about a dollar or 2. While our currency may collapse, most don't believe that silver and gold ever will, so it would be great for bartering, imho. Also, you have bunnies, in case you need to barter with food, :) . If you have like minded people around you, it will be better in the long run!!

With Russia now thumbing its nose at the Iran weapons deal, and selling them several missiles and some MIG fighter jets, it makes you wonder what is looming on the horizon.
Couple that with the fact our president has done about everything he can do to cuddle under the covers with foreign nations and then spit on us, I believe we are in for a bumpy ride very soon.
Stock up on beans, bullets, and bunnies, you may need them soon.

I want more bullets, that's for sure! We have a few, but not many at all... and mostly own guns that take hard-to-find .22s :x I did splurge on a 12g shotgun, but don't have much ammo at all for it.

DBA":2mtx3520 said:
With Russia now thumbing its nose at the Iran weapons deal, and selling them several missiles and some MIG fighter jets, it makes you wonder what is looming on the horizon.
Couple that with the fact our president has done about everything he can do to cuddle under the covers with foreign nations and then spit on us, I believe we are in for a bumpy ride very soon.

I need some more bean seeds!! Have the bunnies, but some curse, curses, decided they wanted a couple of my guns more than I did (investigation still pending, as it's been about 2 weeks). My ammo stock, needless to say, is not what it needs to be, nor is my weapon factor now. I'm looking into buying a 30.06 and a mossberg 535, for the simple reason that they can fire more that one size of bullet/shell. Still have a 22 lr and a 380, so it wont be too bad if all the shtf soon.

Our medicine closet is full so we have quite a bit of that, and I have fishing poles!!

As with everybody, it's a work in progress.

My husband and son are well stocked in fishing gear... and I am raising worms as well... he has an untold number of rods and reels (they fish tournaments together year round). I hadn't thought about that - add it to the short list of things we actually have! :lol:

alforddm":22vvhgwl said:
A little voice in the back of my head that keeps telling me. "You're not ready...You'd better get ready..."

Too bad that voice isn't busy warning everybody.

Hubs and I were talking about it this morning, and he fears that it will get bloody. The reasons will vary from country to country, but likely most of the western world is going to undergo massive social and political unrest.

heritage":22vvhgwl said:
DH wants to invest more and more for retirement (we are in our early 30's) but I have that nagging feeling that it shouldn't be a huge priority compared to other things (we still have some being put away with each paycheck, but not the percentage DH would prefer).

Get all of your money out of the banks. Our accountant warned us years ago about the government taking people's IRA's and/or savings to meet their debt obligations. We thought he was whacked, but not anymore.

Think it can't happen? Tell that to the Greeks.

http://greece.greekreporter.com/2013/03 ... ls-barred/

lereg15":22vvhgwl said:
Heritage, I know tons of people investing in silver now. I believe some said you could buy dimes for about a dollar or 2.

Whether silver or gold, you want very small denominations... don't buy krugerands. ;)

Pay close attention to the IMF in October. China has been positioning itself to become a stronger player in the reserve currency.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... f-s-review

lereg15":22vvhgwl said:
If you have like minded people around you, it will be better in the long run!!

We have a great community for that, and have already been forming bartering arrangements.

DBA":22vvhgwl said:

Check, check, and check.

heritage":22vvhgwl said:
I want more bullets, that's for sure! We have a few, but not many at all... and mostly own guns that take hard-to-find .22s :x I did splurge on a 12g shotgun, but don't have much ammo at all for it.

It sounds like you need more guns. :p Ideally each family member should have a pistol, shotgun, a defensive/tactical rifle (such as an AR-15) and a tactical precision rifle.

Buy matching weapons if possible, and if you modify them in any way make sure they are all the same- that way if for some reason your personal weapon is unavailable, you can use another family member's with ease and familiarity... with the exception of the tactical precision rifles which will be "sighted in" for each individual, of course.

I also believe that were headed for some dark and troubling times. Economic collapse is definitely something I think about. Natural disasters are very real and it happens everyday. If and when we do enter into these dark times, I hope people realize there will be rioting, looting and pure chaos on a massive scale. Brother stealing from brother and neighbor stealing from neighbor. There wont be any food on store shelves, a scarcity of drinking water, possibly know power (electricity) meaning no refrigerator or freezer to preserve your precious food. No lights. No heat. No AC. No gasoline for your vehicles or your generators. I also think there might be a possibility of a massive cyber attack. There are unlimited things that could be said about a cyber attack, and it already has been recently done numerous times before. Wiping out bank accounts and stealing all financial and credit history information with a click of a button. Its scary to think about but its very, very real. History repeats itself. All the greatest civilizations ever known to man kind, eventually crumble and fall.
The best thing we can do is prepare as much as possible. By raising your own food, growing your own vegetables and fruits your a step ahead. Learning basic survival skills is never a bad thing. Teach your children how to hunt fish and trap. I'm not 100 percent prepared but I know if and when TSHTF I can keep my family alive without question.

MamaSheepdog":1cij46yh said:
alforddm":1cij46yh said:
A little voice in the back of my head that keeps telling me. "You're not ready...You'd better get ready..."

Too bad that voice isn't busy warning everybody.

Hubs and I were talking about it this morning, and he fears that it will get bloody. The reasons will vary from country to country, but likely most of the western world is going to undergo massive social and political unrest.

heritage":1cij46yh said:
DH wants to invest more and more for retirement (we are in our early 30's) but I have that nagging feeling that it shouldn't be a huge priority compared to other things (we still have some being put away with each paycheck, but not the percentage DH would prefer).

Get all of your money out of the banks. Our accountant warned us years ago about the government taking people's IRA's and/or savings to meet their debt obligations. We thought he was whacked, but not anymore.

Think it can't happen? Tell that to the Greeks.

http://greece.greekreporter.com/2013/03 ... ls-barred/

lereg15":1cij46yh said:
Heritage, I know tons of people investing in silver now. I believe some said you could buy dimes for about a dollar or 2.

Whether silver or gold, you want very small denominations... don't buy krugerands. ;)

Pay close attention to the IMF in October. China has been positioning itself to become a stronger player in the reserve currency.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... f-s-review

lereg15":1cij46yh said:
If you have like minded people around you, it will be better in the long run!!

We have a great community for that, and have already been forming bartering arrangements.

DBA":1cij46yh said:

Check, check, and check.

heritage":1cij46yh said:

It sounds like you need more guns. :p Ideally each family member should have a pistol, shotgun, a defensive rifle (such as an AR-15) and a tactical rifle.

Buy matching weapons if possible, and if you modify them in any way make sure they are all the same- that way if for some reason your personal weapon is unavailable, you can use another family member's with ease and familiarity... with the exception of the tactical rifles which will be "sighted in" for each individual, of course.

I have been mulling over wiping out accounts, just not sure the logistics of it all (especially retirement accounts).

Is silver really a good idea? I always had it in my head that things like that would be pretty worthless in the end. Basic necessities such as food, shelter, etc. would be more valuable.

And I totally want more guns... just trying to convince DH ;) . My dad told me if anything happens to him and my mom the first two things I need to do is wipe out their accounts (I have POA) and unload their gun cabinet... i have no idea what's in there, but I know he's been on a buying spree (which is actually a bit scary given his shaky mental health at times, but that's a whole 'nother beast). Good point about having them be interchangable. We were wanting to do a concealed carry class, but I can't decide if that's the "smart" thing to do or not. I don't want to be on the radar at all and I feel like that's another target to use against us. I wish we would have purchased more guns before the laws got so much tighter on them.

So much to think about... so much I know very little about :x

Thankfully, I wised up about 15-20 years ago, about most of the commerce aspects of this!! I have $16 in my bank account, (only use my bank to cash checks), no cell phone (for tracking purposes), no credit cards or anything I can be tracked by.

Silver has always, throughout time been a barter tool. I agree to have it all in small amounts, just in case you have bouillons and need something of smaller value. This is why I suggested the old silver dimes. Even in Biblical times, precious metals were use for trading.

I don't have, nor care to have a concealed carry permit, once again for tracking purposes. If martial law happens to ever come into effect, (which I believe will to prevent the next elections), I don't want people to know what guns I have or not!! Paranoid, maybe, but I think it's just safer.

I try to buy my 'stuff' from individuals rather than companies as well.

Well, I kept reading this thread and was expecting someone to say "you're all nuts". Maybe they're just not interested in presenting the opposing position. I've been trying to explain to friends and family that we (as a nation) have crossed the point of no return but nobody wants to listen. It's much easier to spend hours on facebook and the boob-tube (of course, I spend hours on RT ... so look who's talkin').
Our culture is deteriorating right in front of our own eyes and the masses don't care. Answer me this: Pick something out of the following list that has improved in the last 30 years.
Morality?
Manners?
Education?
Value of a dollar?
Work ethic?
Strenght of family?
Concern for others/love?
Spirituality?
Common sense/decency?
Peace, patience, kindness .....?
Patriotism, community bonds?
Addicitions (drug, alcohol, gambling, sex)?
Crime?
Yes, we are in an ever increasing decline and all would do well to make some provisions for a radical change in life, but few will. The results will be ugly for everyone (even those that prepare). Personally, I think our demise in the West will be electronic. We have come to rely so heavily on power and computers that we are now very vulnerable. EMP - coming soon to a theatre near you!
I watched Dr. David Jeremiah last week speaking on Revelations. He made an excellent point that just kinda summed it all up for me. We don't know the date of Christ's return but we have finally reached the point in the history of mankind where technology has now caught up with prophecy. The point was that now, because of GPS, microchips and other tracking devices, a world government can now track every single person on the planet if (when) they acquire the political power.

They can't track me!!!!!!!

I love David Jeremiah!! He has excellent thoughts on what is happening now, unlike so many others out there that want you to feel good about yourself and send them money!!

I believe in the next 10-20 yrs, if we last that long, common sense will no longer be even in the dictionary. With all the video games and smut on tv, with people playing dumb all the time, how can we survive on our own if we have to? I know many of us older people, that still have common sense can, but the rest will be hurting!!

About the technology factor, we have become a very lazy country, within the last 15-20 yrs. I don't know if many people now could live 2 weeks without some kind of device, whether it be a phone, tv, computer, video games, etc. The kids these days never seem to get of these things. What happened to personal attention? It's messed up!!

Patriotism is getting higher, I believe!! Look at the Confederate flag issue, for instance. Although I live in Tn and see them constantly, (and have one too), I believe the south, anyway, are starting to get very patriotic. I've even seen people up north have positive comments and posts about the flag!!

If you ask me, this is all being done on purpose!! All the shootings, (if or if not they actually happened), all the 'suicides' from higher ups, all this racist crap, is just a ploy to create martial law to suspend elections. Once martial law comes into effect, we will be screwed, or there will be a great awakening. Which will it be?

I too believe we're headed for economic collapse. However, I have faith in humanity. There have been many developed countries survive through economic collapse without total civil unrest. There will be looting and there will be an increase in crime, but we will also see people coming together more. In fact, an economic collapse is exactly what we need to get back on the right path, even if it means a lot of pain for some time. We'll be forced to live with in our means and whole generation will (re)learn basic skills and ethics.

I think some of the "big" issues in the news right now are actually distractions from whatever real issues there are going on...

There was a snippet sometime in the last year about an executive order being signed changing the "rules" for martial law - essentially making it that much easier to come on to your property and take whatever it is they want.

If I start thinking about things too much it makes me sick to my stomach.

Electronics are going to be a huge huge piece of our demise - I try to do as little with them as possible (but not to the extent of lereg15, I wish I knew then what I know now!!). I mean, medical equipment and vehicles both being hackable?? That's scary!

Shoot... my mind is going a mile a minute and I have totally lost my train of thought! :oops: :lol: <br /><br /> __________ Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:30 pm __________ <br /><br /> The amount of government assistance being doled out is giving them that much more power - people will trade every right they have to keep getting their "freebies" - I actually backed out of an appt. for free speech therapy for my 4 year old through the school system b/c I started reading the paperwork... they wanted to come in and do a full home assessment and everything. We homeschool as it is, again, I wanted to avoid that radar as long as possible.

Latest posts

Back