Sold Some Rabbits Today

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my wife points out that every rabbit she takes to the pet shop is a bag of feed
I point out that if we sold them, the would be worth 2-4 depending if we sold them pedigreed.

yeah... four of them were mutts sold for pets... but will still buy some feed. five of them were New Zealand Blacks... about two bags of feed out of each of those... :)

I wish that I could, but it's a pretty good drive to get any decent ones from here... guess that's why I can sell these pretty well it seems.

sold two more today. I think it helps being right on the border, Mexicans and people of Mexican heritage don't seem to have the stigma associated with eating rabbit meat that some others do. Texas overall isn't as bad as some places though.

I've got 5 I'll bring over if you run out. People around here want them for free. They seem to think they are doing me a favor by offering to take them.

That's great! It's always awesome to have less mouths to feed and more money to feed the ones you do have!

xlt":150jmory said:
where are you in NM? What breed are they?

I'm in Deming. I have NZW's. We bred my daughters does for 4-H and have sold most but have a 5, maybe 6 8wk olds left. I have a guy that wants a replacement doe but his wife says no so we will see how that works out.

I was in EP last week and went to Northeast feeds on Dyer and the guy in there told me he wanted 2-4wk old buns. Mine are to old.

oh, that's right... I forgot about that... we talked about it here... I would consider one as well, next time you are in town. I don't have room for five though.

I thought the feed store rabbits were bad, I didn't realize there was a pet store next door... WAY WORSE. wouldn't sell any animal to that pet store of any kind...

xlt":16idmago said:
oh, that's right... I forgot about that... we talked about it here... I would consider one as well, next time you are in town. I don't have room for five though.

I thought the feed store rabbits were bad, I didn't realize there was a pet store next door... WAY WORSE. wouldn't sell any animal to that pet store of any kind...

They were rough looking all right. I haven't advertised them yet I am waiting for after Easter. Next time we are planning on coming to EP I'll hop on here and let you know. Hopefully it won't be to long because I'd love to have some Dunkin Donuts!

if you're coming to EP, might as well head to the Krispy Kreme all the way down on Zaragoza... we go there about once a quarter, and we live here

I'm partial to Dunkin Donuts. I'm not to fond of Krispy Cream's strawberry jelly donuts. My inlaws live in Chaparral and I use visiting them as an excuse to run over to satisfy my strawberry jelly donut craving.

ah, yeah... anything but the regular glazed is probably better somewhere else... actually for filled donuts, I prefer Los Jarrones Bakery at Redd and Doniphan... right near the church where I pastor :) Bad news for me, good news for them :)

:lol: How funny! I didn't have time to stop last Sunday. My husband called while I was driving to EP and told me that his flight was comming in earlier than he had told me and after I picked him up he had me running all over looking for some stupid part for his motorcycle. Brand new bike and he took it apart just to put it back together. Oh well, now he can't complain when my horse trailer parts start showing up!

Latest posts

Back